Hi Everyone

I am new here.
My son is two years old. We have had an ongoing battle with ear infections and doctors refusing to put tubes in his ears. Finaly he had his ear tube surgery about a month ago. They did a hearing test on him before he had it done and it showed he heard muffled sounds due to the fluid in his ears. All this has caused him to have a speech delay.
He only says
dadda momma moo (milk) acktor (tracktor)
star car cookie and choo choo.

His doctor wants him to have speech thearpy but he has to go threw the county program(help me grow) and he has to be evaluated and so forth so it will be a while. Im hoping that this will help him with his vocab. :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome to the forums! It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

p.s. This program should help him a lot! You will find categories that he really likes, and he will probably try to say the words immediately. You can also try YBCR.
Just make sure to talk to him a lot and explain everything that you see and hear. If you’re doing chores around the house, tell him what you’re doing and what tools you are using. If you’re buying fruit at the store, explain the different fruits and colors to him. The more words he hears, the more he will pick up. I bet he will catch on very fast now that he can hear!

Welcome!

I’m sure your son will be happy to be able to hear more clearly. He’ll probably learn quickly now that he can hear well. I think Little Reader will help him a lot. He can learn more words and he can end up learning to read, too. Wouldn’t that be great? I like Nikki’s idea of talking to him a lot. I’m sure he will love hearing your voice the most. :slight_smile:

I just wanted to update

We have been doing the default settings on little reader and he is starting to pick up so much. His words still arent clear but hes actualy attempting to say the words that are shown to him. im so excited

Wow kamikam! That’s great! :biggrin:

It’s only been a week or so hasn’t it? That is very encouraging. Thanks for sharing!

That’s great! In a few months he’ll be talking your ears off! lol lol

Hello Kamikam! :blush:

Welcome to our BrillKids Forums!

I’m so pleased to hear that your little one is liking Little Reader! We really to want to hear about his development, so please keep us posted! You’re doing such a wonderful job of teaching him, and we’d all like to congratulate you on your efforts to make learning so much fun!

Be sure to browse through the different topics on early education here in the forums - and please feel free to participate in the discussions, too! We hope that you will share your parenting experience with us here, and I look forward to reading about your adventures while teaching your little one!

We’re glad to have you!

Lappy :happy: