hi everyone

hi i m from india n mom of 20 mth old kid. recently came across this concept of early learning n have just started to show my kid the flash cards… but as he is very active i find it difficult to make him sit and see the flash cards…can some one suggest me some solution on this problem??? n one more thing this site is really very helpfull…

regards,
prince

Hello Prince, and welcome to the forums!

it would seem that this is not an isolated case - a lot of the mothers and fathers here have had the same little dilemma, which is keeping their babies attentive during lesson time! lol We recommend a lot of ways on how to go about this, but most important to remember is to try your best to keep lesson time fun and enjoyable.

Flash cards can be presented to your child by having someone help you and sit with your child as you flip through the flash cards quickly. Another way to spice up the lesson is to try the multisensory method, which lets you show the word, the picture and make some sound effects in the process. :happy: This is a great way to get your little one involved in lesson time, so when you make the sounds, he’ll be likely to join is, thinking mom is having fun, too.

Another thing we recommend is to try using PowerPoint slideshows of flash cards (with pronunciation and picture audio) so that you can sit with your child and watch the cards as they appear on your computer screen. This is what our software - Little Reader - is like, only it allows you to do so much more in terms of customizing each lesson. :yes:

I hope that you get to try out our Little Reader, and hopefully it will help you make lesson time fun for your little boy. :biggrin: If you’ve any questions on how to get around do let us know, and we’ll me more than happy to help.

Cheers,

Lappy

thanks lappy for the suggetions n methods…i will certainly use the methods…
i just have 1 more query n that is how many time we have to show each flash card??? is there any standard method???
where can i find more information regarding this??
pls let me know…
thanks in advance…

regards,
prince

Hi Prince!

Depending on what method you would like to use, you may choose to flash the card about a second each (flash card method), or take some time to let your child absorb the word, pictures and other media (multisensory).

To give you a bit more information on both subjects, kindly have a look at these links:
Flash Card Method
Multisensory Method

Hope they help! :yes: Let us know how your teaching goes!

Cheers,

Lappy