Hi everyone! I'm new.

My name is Naomi, mom to Gabriel who is 6 1/2 months old. I downloaded the trial for Little Reader and am looking forward to starting this program with my son. Any upfront tips I should know about? I’m a little nervous that I won’t be as prepared as I would like to be or that I might not do it right. Thanks.

Welcome, the #1 tip I have for you is start slow so you don’t get overwhelmed and your baby stays hungry for more.

Hi Naomi! Welcome! Glad you have joined us. Little Reader has been a lot of fun.

My number one tip would be to relax and enjoy it. You can’t go very wrong showing your baby the words. I did notice that your little boy is 6 1/2. Is he starting to crawl? When they start being mobile, many lose interest in sitting and looking at things, for a while. However, I’ve found that times right before nap, when he likes to be calm and quiet are good times for my little guy (he’s 14 months an perfecting his walking skills). We just sneak a peek when we can, and when he is receptive. They say interest comes and goes, so relax and enjoy the process. Browsing the forums have helped me a lot. There are some very experienced “teachers” here and they are very helpful in answering question. :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome to the forums! It’s great to have you here. My son’s name is Gabriel too!
Please browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you, and let us know if you need any help.

Here is the link to LR FAQs. http://www.brillkids.com/support/little-reader-faq.php I think you will find it very useful. Make it fun and relaxed, and your son will enjoy it and learn a lot.

We hope to hear more from you soon.
Nikki

Hello Naomi! :blush:

Welcome to our BrillKids Forums!

Be sure to browse through the different topics on early education here in the forums - and please feel free to participate in the discussions, too! We hope that you will share your parenting experience with us here, and I look forward to reading about your adventures while teaching your little one!

We’re glad to have you!

Lappy :happy:

p.s.

Nikki is right - if you remember to make learning as fun as possible, you’ll never go wrong with teaching your child! Not only will you help him learn important life skills he’ll need when he grows up, you’ll also be instilling a great love for learning (and that definitely a holiday present that’s priceless!)

Happy teaching!