Hi everyone! Excited mom trying to teach baby English, Russian, and Afrikaans

Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Juli and I have a 13 month old wonderful little boy. He is so eager and ready to learn. We read about the Doman program and started with him when he was 7 months old. At that time, I heard about Brillkids, but was wary of the price. But, recently, I re-visited it and found out about the forum and tried the trial. It is awesome!!! So much better than making your own flashcards and I love the random element of it and Little Musician rocks!!!

I live in US, but am originally from Russia, and my husband is from South Africa, so we are trying to teach Titus Russian, Afrikaans, and English. Oh, and sign language, since that was one of my majors in college and he is already signing like 15 signs. I read on the russian part of the forum that LR russian is in the works, so I am excited for that, and I saw some downloads in the LR library for afrikaans flashcards. Thank you everyone for all you do here. We are very excited to be part of the EL journey!!

:biggrin:
Juli

Hi Juli and welcome! I think BrillKids is kind of like an improved version of the Doman method, but much more interactive and educational because of all of the real life videos. You’re simply not going to get that out of a flashcard!

We’re glad you joined us. Make sure you take advantage of the foreign language download library to get all of your lessons in Russian and Afrikanns. Keep in mind you can create some and upload to the library as well! http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL09F3AFCD20F9502F Those youtube tutorials may help you get the most out of your programs too. Good luck & happy teaching!