Hi and some questions

Hi all

I have 3 kids (14 months, 5 and 7 year-old). I was searching for a program that would teach the basics of music to my kids. I found a review of Little musician and I’m now trying all 3 programs.

In my trial-version I made 3 persons with each their names. But I’ve not yet found why that would be useful, since I can’t seem to save their progress or anything. Can you do that in the full version or do I have to remember at what lesson every kid is?

I saw in LM and LR that there are 2 sessions in every lesson. I can’t seem to be able to put it on the second session. Is that because of the trial-version too or am I doing something wrong?

I was thinking of buying the value bundle 1 if the trial is a success, the delivery-costs are ok. But would I be able to download everything if I would want too? Because, I’m not yet sure on which computer I’m gone do it. And my notebook doesn’t have a dvd or cd-reader.

I loved the first lessons of little musician and LR, but was a bit disappointed in Lmaths. The lessons seem to be much shorter then the other 2. So I wondered, will the lesson-time of LM expand with progression?

I’m not yet sure if I really would want my 14 month old son to teach how to read, it seems a bit too soon for me. But since English is our second language, I was wondering if you could use it to teach them the english language with LR? Is there anyone successful doing this? (If it would turn out he’s learning to read from it, it would be a bonus, but it wouldn’t be my first goal then)

ok, a lot of questions, I’m sorry. But hey, in all fairness I got a message that I could ask here all my questions… lol

TIA

Hi and welcome to the forum! This is definitely the place for your questions and they are good questions too :slight_smile:
In the full ration the program will remember where each child is up to. The value of this is that sometimes one child has a busier life and doesn’t always get to see every lesson with their siblings ( your 7 year old in school perhaps) also it means lessons can continue when your little one is asleep. It helps if you can time lessons so then yet are all around but it won’t always work out that way.
I don’t know why you can’t access the second lesson each day. Perhaps you are and don’t realise it? They are basically the same but with a different word order. If you saw the second session the dot will be completely greyed out, rather than half grey. You can selcetth e second lesson just by clicking on it in the daily list. Try and watch one first and see if it works. I have never had any trouble accessing lesson two ( though we. Rarely watched it, we just went to the next day) in the full version.
You can download everything. You do not need to pay for postage at all for the program’. In fact I think downloading is better as each update is automatically available to you in your online account. Don’t bother getting a physical copy of the discs, there is no advantage.
Little math is really only useful for your baby. The other 2 are too old for subitisation. I used it with my 4 year old and he did learn a good number sence but in the he end we went for more hands on math practice.
Oh you may not be sure right now about teaching your youngest to read but hang around here and you will change your mind lol there are just so many benefits to early reading. LR would be a great English vocabulary builder for all of your children. We are looking to use the Spanish one to teach my children Spanish the same way.
Did I cover all your questions?

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

It’s only little musician I wanted to use for the three kids. My 5 year old started school in february and can read and do math at a one year higher level then his peers. So no need to use little math and reader for my older kids.

I wanted to have an other look at those sessions, but the computer I put those programs on, doesn’t want to start anymore now. A lot of computers here, but non of them on windows, except of that one. So I will have to search for another solution… I will get back to you if I get back on there.

What you said about spanish is interesting. My older kids learn spanish at their school, but I was searching for something to give them some extra in this. I found some good reviews on Kidstart spanish, but they don’t want to ship to our location. Can you keep me updated how you go on the spanish with your kids?

Byebye for now :wink:
Stien

Yes, def check out the spanish Little Reader add-on, too. :slight_smile:

Hi, yes we have been using LR to teach English . Little Reader is the best tool we have ever used, the program grows with the child as you can add your own lessons. And the huge bonus of knowing how to read all those words is priceless :slight_smile:

Hi :wink:

I told my husband I would buy a new computer and he had it fixed in no time lol We used it for a couple of days now.

Little musician is awesome! All kids seem to enjoy it and the oldest kids love to sing and guess the notes. Little reader is not a success. It gets stuck a lot (I might have to reinstall it), but my 14 month-old doesn’t want to sit still to watch it. Very different then with Little Musician. So I’m thinking now to wait a month or so with little reader and buy little musician now.

Thx for your advice!
Stien