hi all u mums

i have been reading for quite sum while now…i have 18 months old baby…am yet to start a routine for him wid flashcards/ppt.presentations…
but i really wonder how do u guys manage taking care of ur baby/babies and feeding,teaching them,playing with them…is there a routine anybody wud like to share to start with.i feel u guys are awesum like sum supermom.where do u get all that dedication…i just keep reading wat u guys have to share but end up doing nothing practically…i need a bit of motivation.do u guys get up really early…to finish other chores at home and then b with ur baby …do ur husbands appreciate wat u r doin.

ok…here it is, I have a 14 months old baby girl.
8:30 am, she wakes up, I sing to her a good morning song in spanish then it is time to change her diaper, pijamas,and one bottle of milk(she stoped brestfeeding one month ago).
we do little reader in the computer(she loves computer) number,abc,animals,colours,parts of the body.

9: 00 am reading books, we read around 5 books in spanish.
9:30 am time to watch YBCR for 10 minutes(she wont go longer).

10 am breakfast time, yougurt,or cereal,and fruit.
10:30am flashcards time, we have 9 flkashcards in ASL , like mama,dad,eat,milk,water,more,I love you,book. she loves them.
then we do numbers flascard 1-10
next we do match animals game ( she loves it too)
then we do tracing time, we trace the letter C(from catalina,her name) with crayons.
11:15 am we brush her teeth ,change her clothes(again) (i love changing her clothes, it is like dress up a doll) get her ready to go and work with mommy to the pre school.
12:30 We get to the pre school,( I work there as a teacher) she plays with the kids, learns with them,she explores everything in my class.
2:00 pm lunch time everybody.
4:00 pm we came back home.
4-6 Pm NAP time for her.
6pm We take her to the park in summer, it is hot still and sunny,
7pm dinner
8pm bath and singing in the bath, she has ducks in her bath tub.
8:30m pm cuddle with her,playing time with mommy and daddy togheter,we run one after the other one, she likes that,she rides in daddys back, hide and seek,and dancing time, we all three dance.
9pm reading time dady read her and other 5 books and mommy read her 5 more books, we count how many butterflies she has in her decoration bedroom.
9: 30 pm we all brush ore theeth, hands,and face,cleaning her nose also.
10pm mommy and dady give her bottle of milk,sing to her kiss to her and say I love you…good night.

And MOmmy and daddy can finally lay down and read a book,or do some work…

-While she is in the high chair we do YBCR flascards and we sign too.
-While she is in the car, she has YBCR flascards also and I tape flashcards in the car facing her also in the back of the driver seat. Every three days I change the flascards.
-I also play YBCR music cd in the car.

We usually have yoga on Tuesdays and we will start swiming lesson next month on thrusdays.

Here is a link where we had this topic before in this forum:
http://forum.brillkids.com/general-discussion-b5/a-day-in-your-life/

IF YOU have any other ideas that will help me to improve my routine, please let me know…I will really appreciate it.

I started out feeling like you. I started with the Your Baby Can Read program. But the recommended schedule (with a video, flashcards, and books) seemed way too demanding so I just had my daughter watch it once in the morning and once at night. The first video was only 20 minutes long. Then I started to notice tiny changes in my daughter. She got more verbal. Then she memorized her first word. Then I was hooked. And yet I don’t really do much more than usual. I never followed the demanding YBCR schedule. I just opened my eyes and began relating to my daughter differently. I used to make an effort to spend quality time with my daugher. I drove to a noisey free storytime for babies a few times per week and played with the typical preschool toys (play phone, shape sorters, etc). Honestly none of the babies paid any attention to the reader at story time; and the toys are advertised as being educational didn’t teach her anything. So now instead we play with words with the Little Program. We count spoons while she helps me unload the dishwasher (a favorite activity). We fold laundry together while practicing colors ie find the blue socks for Mommy, etc. My daughter has noticed that Mommy isn’t just trying to keep her entertained - Mommy is interested in her. I’m interested in her thoughts, her ideas, and her mind. She loves the attention and has blossomed at an accelerated rate that I could not have imagined. It does eat up alot of my free time because, like a person obsessed with a new baby, I’m obsessed with early learning. I spend alot of time thinking and reading online about early learning. I also spend more time than necessary on this site. Some people surf the web for celeb gossip - I surf for early learning. But I don’t spend alot of time formally teaching my daughter. Today all we did was count. Yesterday we read some words. Mostly I just interact with her differently. So just start with something small. You will see a difference in your baby then you will be hooked too.

Thank you PY …really appreciate ur dedication and the entire schedule u have typed in for me…
Thank you akalori…for sharing ur views…i think i do similar things like u do …i interact with him more as and wen he is playing with his toys…let him know wat shape it is…color…animal sounds…but then he sumhow enjjoys any new toy for a day or two or at the most for a week…i do read a lot abt early learning…just started showing him DVD and ppt…presentations he seems to like it…atleast sumthing new for him… :slight_smile: