Helpful Teacher Supplies/Equipment & Methods

What do you use and keep on hand to make your job as your child’s “teacher” a little easier?

So far I have found it’s helpful to keep cardstock on hand for printing random flashcards and such.

I am thinking about buying a laminator. If you have one, do you think it’s worth the money? Do you use it often?

I can tell already I am going to be using up a lot of INK in my printer so I need to buy more before I run out.

I wanted to purchase more of the bifold flap sheet protectors that come with the Deluxe Little Reader but they are not currently selling them separately. These half size page protectors and mini binders are the closest thing I could find. http://www.keepfiling.com/5-1-2-x-8-1-2-Sheet-Protectors-p/15500.htm I would love it if I had enough of the LR flap ones to store all of my sets of flashcards in without constantly rotating them in and out.

I buy posters from the teacher supply store that cover whatever topic we’re learning about. I also bought some oversized paper “money” to teach my kids about counting coins and dollars.

Arts & Crafts stuff- crayons, markers, scissors, glue, foam sheets, finger paint & paper, etc etc.

I also let DD play with beans under close supervision (so none go up the nose or my baby doesn’t get ahold of and choke on one). She scoops them in an d out of muffin pans with different sized spoons, measuring cups, etc. She loves that game, I think it’s great for early math learning about quantity and volume.

What supplies and methods do you use and recommend?

About laminating machines, here is a thread I started recently:
http://forum.brillkids.com/product-discussions-and-reviews/inexpensive-laminating-machines/

About supplies, well, this forum is FULL of ideas, references to websites, books, materials, activities, etc. The whole forum is ripe for exploring.

As an example, though, I just recently flipped through every page of the big school catalog of Montessori Services (www.montessoriservices.com) - that company has a companion site for families called Little Hands (or Small Hands??) Anyways, you’ll see it listed in their main site.

The materials are quite expensive, but you might as well get ideas and inspiration from it. I had my local library’s website open as I was looking through the catalog, for example, and a huge % of the books for sale are at my library already!! Score!

I got ideas for making my own cards since their pre-made ones are so clever, etc.

Hope this helps,
mom2ross