help required for 2.2 years old diagnosed with moderate autism

Dear All,

We are working in Toronto,Canada. Since i am carrying with second child I had to leave my kid with grand parents in India, he recently got diagnosed with “Moderate risk of Autism”. I have gone through various forums for treatment for autism in Ontario,canada, looks like here waiting list is nearly 1 year. Private treatment would cost nearly 3,000 to 4,000

I am confused whether to get him treated here in canada or get him treated in India. Can any one please advise me which would be best option. Does any parents treating their kids in Toronto?? If so could you please provide me the information on private teraphies??

So sorry to hear this. I am also from Canada. I think to treat your baby here in Canada. Take care and all my prayers with you and your baby.

I am from Western Canada and local programs will be different so I can’t give you specific advice. I would suggest asking around locally whether in person or online to get more details. You could also call the agency in charge for more details. I have no idea about services in India however services in Canada for autism are generally considered decent.

My other thought is that there is a lot that can be done on your own - the best results we have seen in our daughter with Trisomy 21 is what we have done ourselves. Diet makes a big difference as in can in kids at risk for autism. There is a group called Recovering Kids on Facebook that is great. A neurodevelopmental program made a huge difference for our daughter.

Best wishes