Help!!!my kid fails to recognize words..

Hi all,
I have been following YBCR, LR with my kid. I also had a homemade book with all the words he knows. He seemed to be doing fine, reading the book. But due to travelling, we couldn’t follow the daily routine of watching the programs or reading the book. Now after 2 weeks, I started it again only to see that he fails to recognize the words. He is saying all the words, but mixes it up and is not able to say it all correctly. Why this happened? Will children lose the ability if we don’t follow it on a regular basis? Now what should I do? Start all over again? :confused:

Why panic? Why not just try reviewing old stuff until he’s remembered?

Will children lose the ability if we don't follow it on a regular basis?

I don’t think so.
I think, sometimes it is necessary to review words especially if you retire those words more than a month or two. Just show and read it to him as fast as you can or you can put these words in a sentence for a different approach.
Sometimes kids are not just in the mood to show us that they already knew the word.
Kids can’t focus sometimes. Sometimes they are just preoccupied of the things that they wanted to do, sometimes they are just hungry or not comfortable.

Try to review those words to him in a day or two, once or twice a day. Make sure he is comfortable, in the mood, not hungry and happy. You will see that you don’t need to start all over again.

Thank you DadDude and Danellie. I will review the words and hope it helps :slight_smile: