Help me with ideas - I am musically challlenged!

All, I have tuning forks and the notes which I got for free of the TW website. But I know NOTHING about mnusic, and where to start. I did see a great thread last week about a music curriculum for pplaying music to the child (can’t remember who posted it) but any other ideas? Please?

I would suggest:
listening to fun music with the child and clapping the beat (this can be more fun if you use some percussion instruments)
Singing simple songs to the child
make flashcards of musical symbols:
f= loud, p, = quiet (and practice showing them the cards and singing loudly, and quietly)
treble clef and bass clef
a note and a rest (when you show him the note tell him to make music [sing or clap or play a note on an instrument], and when you show him the “rest” have him be quiet)
different rhythm notes (half note, quarter note, whole note, and just count with them (you can find the different note values online).
play or sing a few notes and have the child mimic them
play a marching song (John Phillip Sousa is great) and march around to the beat
I like to do an exercise where I play a scale (on the piano, or you just sing it) and vary playing it fast (and they run) and playing it slow (and they walk), playing it loud (and they stomp), or detached (and they jump) etc. You can think of all kinds of variations. My 3 year old loved this game. also, make sure that they walk one way while you are going “up” and they turn around when you are going “down”.
Peter and the wolf is great for kids, and it’s “real” music. (It teaches them to recognize different instruments and melodies, and it’s a fun story).
these are just some ideas for having fun with music. I have more specific ideas, but am not sure how in depth you want to get.

Hi, AprylP!
Thank you for such a informative post!
Please feel free to post and share with us your thechniques and ideas!
Do not hesitate “to go too deep”! Most of us moms here have no music background,
but are excited and eager to hear and learn new things!
Karma to you!

My 3 year old grandsons was afraid of the wolf of Peter and the Wolf but now he ask to watch it. I guess he is grown up now. :yes: lol lol
I agree with your recomendations.