help me to welcome my newborn!!!!!

Its time to get ready to welcome my newborn. can you help me to get ready to welcome my first baby? what i can do and what i should not do? almost everything need for the baby in hospital packed now. so whats my next step???

[url=http://tickers.givingbirthnaturally.com]

http://tickers.givingbirthnaturally.com/image.php?id=3e2162
[/url]

Hmm… relax, love, caress, hold in your arms, have a happy, joyous heart !

Among the things I’ve learned immediately after birth is that:
-milk comes if mum is relaxed, happy (any sort of stress, especially a big one… stops milk from coming…)
-baby needs to be kept as much as possible next to mum’s heart (this calms him/her down, no matter what)
-have patience with you and your baby: it’s your first baby, and it’s his/her first acquaintance with the world, with the basic needs (feeding, especially, when some of them don’t exactly know how to keep their tongue, for instance, as their womb instinct is to keep the tongue on the palate)

Please, don’t think to much about it ! Instead, feel, share (good) emotions. The baby feels you even though he’s not in the womb anymore. Everything you feel, he or she will feel also. The more calm, relaxed, joyous, peaceful, healthy you are, the more you’ll have a calm, relaxed, happy, peaceful and healthy baby! :yes:

It’s a wonderful world mom, and you can make it so for the baby!

How exciting - congrats on getting to the end of the pregnancy - I would agree though - just concentrate on the positive and stay calm - giving birth can be scary, but it is also the most exciting time. Make sure you have some support to get through the first few weeks and then give your time to your baby to hold and rock and get to know each other.

Find help now so that you can focus on just being mommy for a few weeks. Get some help with meals, housework, etc. And hold the baby as much as possible -they can’t be held too much in the beginning!

Congratulations!!! So happy for you! So you are almost 38 weeks? These next 1-5 weeks before the birth of your baby, just try to get extra rest if you can, and then once the baby is there – just give her lots of love, cuddles and warmth. Remember, there is no need to worry if you are doing EVERYTHING right, because you ARE the best mommy for your baby, she did not know anyone else and she needs and loves you. Just relax and enjoy these next special weeks. Oh, and do not be stressed about “due date”, just wait for baby to come knowing that she will come in the perfect time, it can be 39 weeks, 41 weeks or 43 weeks, regardless she will come in “due time”, which is right for her! Dont let others stress you about it. Best lack and prayers!

thanks all for your good advice. i want take rest but its really difficult to lay on the bed or even sit in a chair more than 20 or 30 min. i want walk even but cant go alone now cox of light headed. so what should i do for that.

Just take it easy and drink plenty for the light headedness - you don’t have to do any major exercise - you are very heavy and carrying quite a load by now. As for sleeping its always rough at the end of pregnancy (in fact I am not even 24 weeks and battling to sleep and have been since the beginning) Just stay in whatever position is the most comfortable even if you have to keep changing (my mother said when she was pregnant with twins she slept on the floor cause she couldn’t get comfortable in bed) Try resting on your left hand side as they say this gives more blood flow to the placenta and I generally find it more comfortable too and use LOTS of pillows between your legs and even under the bump to get comfortable.
Good luck not too much longer to go now.

Hi Rizoo,

Best wishes for you… Just make yourself comfortable in what ever way you can do… take good rest and take care!

Thanks.Tanikit and Amath.
Tomorrow is the last day of this academic year so that i can take rest. holiday from office that’s really good news. All these days i spent in class rooms with others kids. now waiting to see my own one can;t wait to see my little love.

Congrats Rizoo ¡¡¡¡
As said just relax and two important things that help me:
a) Take long slow walks that will help during delivery and
b) Try to get the most sleep you can even though it is difficult.

Congratulations and best of luck with your baby! Have you thought at all about using a routine with the bub to help them sleep and to encourage self settling? We have been using a routine since BC was born and I cannot speak highly enough of them. He is an amazing sleeper and an extremely happy little man and I know this is mostly his great personality but I completely believe that the routine has helped as he can feel secure and know what’s happening next (although we do mix it up sometimes). Good luck again!

@ rizoo, enjoy everyminute…

@ andreasro your post is soo cute…loved it.