Help Make Little Reader and this Community Even Better

Hi Everyone,

Please, Get involved and give your opinions & ideas-
BrillKids Forum > Little Reader - General Discussion > Little Reader suggestions - Help us improve Little Reader!
http://forum.brillkids.com/little-reader/little-reader-suggestions/

Why did I post in this section?
Over the last year, since my son was born and i started thinking of and trying to find things to help me be a better parent,
I’ve become convinced that we as parents can do better by beginning earlier. I’m not trying to be melodramatic but
That one statement has monumental, global long term implications. This is my way of spreading the word

I found this forum a few months ago and I really, really love this company and it’s programs.
I bought the deluxe package w/ LR and LM and all the extra goodies and it’s the best money i’ve spent in a long time.
No, no one paid me to say that :slight_smile: We have the opportunity to participate in making them even better.

I want to do my part to help and the best way i can do that is by sharing my ideas and hope they help create a positive domino effect.

I’m also a big fan of using good quotes to…
1- help me identify my motivations
2- focus my intentions/goals that…
3- turn into actions which…
4- help me increase the chances of success.

Even if it may only increase the chances a little bit…say??? 6%…
If the motivator is worth it…baby Wyatt…

It’s worth me taking a little time to get involved to help make this community and it’s products better & better.
That is why i’m writing this post. Thank you for taking the time to read it and hopefully take action.

Wyatt is 11 months now and we may have another so I’m thinking long term. A Minimum of 5-8 years that i’ll be benefiting from this company.

Who knows how many positive changes and/or additions may happen in that time? Go here to help - http://forum.brillkids.com/little-reader/little-reader-suggestions/
And what if every one of the people ( Yes, that means YOU! :slight_smile: who read this post,
go and give their own suggestions/good or bad experiences/agreements with others ideas etc.( however small or large ).

How big of a positive ripple in your life may there be? What about the rest of the world?

Please forgive my mushiness, but i believe in the concept of positive forces/people/companies in the world and Brillkids is definitely one of them.

I love my son and i’m on this forum & bought these products because i strongly believe they are helping us in sooooo many ways…
I’m sure you feel the same way and we all want to do everything to help our children.

Quote #1 - " I can’t do everything, but have i done everything that I CAN do? ".

Someone wise once said,
Quote # 2 - " Decisions are made by those who show up!"

I CAN " Spend " some of my time wisely and get involved.

The thread is the place to show up and post your own ideas or show your support of the ones that you agree with.

IF someone posts a few ideas and no one else posts agreements, Brillkids may think it’s just one person.

The more people who take the time to get involved in this thread, the better the chances that our voices will be heard.

Posted by: KL Insert Quote Quote from: ExtremeBartendingDad on October 18, 2010, 07:51:37 AM Hi Everyone, please post your thoughts on these and any ideas that you can think of.

This is a great community and together, over time, we can all help make it even better. You never know what the designers may or may not have thought of or decided upon. Don’t make the mistake of not giving your ideas & opinions because you think, " oh, they must have thought of that."

Definitely.
Firstly, yes, although many things you might suggest will already be part of our to-do list, don’t assume it to be so.

Also, voicing it often does influence how much priority we give a feature.

Spread the word to post in this section. BrillKids Forum > Little Reader - General Discussion > Little Reader suggestions - Help us improve Little Reader!

Thank you all for your help in doing what we can do to to help each other.
Sincerely,
Wyatt’s Dad, Scott

Thanks for your very kind words, Scott. Your check is in the mail… :biggrin:

But seriously, we really count on community feedback to help us make our products and services better, so we ALWAYS welcome feedback and suggestions!

And what you say is true that we may think it’s only one person’s opinion if not enough people voice out on something.

We may not always adopt a suggestion, but we certainly promise to listen and to truly consider it. More often than not, we do implement suggestions and have done so for many that have been made already (or at least are in the process of implementing them).

Well, I’ve been suggesting this for a long time, but I dont think it’s happened yet. My 16 month old wont look at the computer, at all. She isnt all that interested in anything on a TV screen either. My only hope of educating her at the moment via a screen is to have something Brillkids flashing-like dispersed among some articles relevant to her, such as photos of her family members, her car, her backyard etc, and video footage of us. Kind of how Dr Titzer kept Aleka rivetted to her YBCR episodes as a baby…using footage of himself. And to be able to put all that onto dvd for any family member to pop into the dvd player would be EXCELLENT. If only Brillkids had a facility to make a dvd like that. For instance, the latest video gallery homemade EK clip is great, but would be even better if it was able to be personalised.

Yep, personalization is always very effective at keeping attention.

One thing you could do (but obviously would take effort) would be to personalize the LR lessons. You could do that with many things, like Parts of body, action words, even things at home.

Unfortunately, plans for having a dvd recording function have taken a back seat for now.