Help - How to utilise 2 languages in Little Reader

Hi

I wanted to do 2 languages in LR but not sure how to do it example: word in english, word in japanese, picture or word in english, picture, word in japanese. Can someone help pls? i read in a similar topic in Ayesha thread, but am really confused about it cos she uses arabic word as a jpeg. In my case, can i just copy and paste the japanese word under the “word” column in LR? or is there any other way to show 2 words + picture (english, foreign, pic) So when doing a 2 words + picture, does that mean one word file will display 3 slides?

I’m not sure I understand the exact sequence you described, but you can do Jap word, English word, picture this way (let’s say the word “dog”):

Word file #1: “dog” in Japanese, with Japanese pronunciation. NO PICTURES
Word file #2: “dog” in English, with English pronunciation. Pictures of dog added, with picture audio of sound effects. Make sure the “Use pronunciation instead” option is unchecked otherwise you would hear “dog” in English spoken when the picture is displayed.

Ayesha uses the arabic word as a jpg because she couldn’t get LR to display the extra arabic accents, so I don’t think it is necessarily relevant to your case.

Dear KL & Fruityfruit08,

I believe they meant either combination:

1. English word / japanese word / picture
  2. English word / picture / japanese word.

Arabic is a consonantal root system with prefixes/suffixes/internal vowel changes that create new meanings out of the main 3-letter root word. Modern Standard Arabic is written/typed without the majority of vowel markings above/below the letters.

I am using Classical Arabic words and they are almost always written with the vowel markings/diacritics which display improperly in LR, so I create jpegs in order to upload the word/s as a picture file in LR to display properly.

• Ayesha

Hi KL,

Based on your suggestion, the playback order will have be set as “according to list”, not “radom” anymore. Is there any way to fix that?

I have showed my son about 45 files in English (English-Pic) and started to translate some of the files into Chinese (Chinese-pic) and show him just these few days. As this was the only way I could think of.

I saw a video clip of people flashing cards in 2 languages (ex Chinese-English-Pic) at the same time just recently, and was wondering if I should follow this method. Any input would be very much appreciated.

This is a great feature! I love you can assigned the sound to when the pictures comes it can alternate between the two languages. Once we can figure out how to do it random after the two words and the picture it would be awesome. (I’m not sure how it can we done :blink: ) Architect we need you help!! :yes: