Hello

Hi everyone,
Iam a brand new member here.I have a 8 month bayby and start looking for a teaching method.I am a bit confused.What should I start reading n doing first.thank you

Welcome along.
There is just so many options and ideas on here it all very exciting. I think I’m hooked on this forum, I check it whenever I can.
Just set some time aside (somehow with a 8 month old) and just start reading, as you find things that get you excited then follow links and just start making notes as you go.
I don’t think there is a set way to do this, just start and enjoy!

Thanks a bunch.I am just swimming in loads of new things.Ill start asap.hihi

Hi Huyen! :slight_smile: And yes, welcome to the BrillKids community!

We personally encourage you to have a read through of one of our websites: BrillBaby (http://www.brillbaby.com/)

Here, we discuss everything you need to know about teaching your child, how to start, what to remember, and even a review of several different products to help you teach. Although we at BrillKids also develop our own products for kids, we would never pressure anyone into just buying them without knowing what they do, so please read through BrillBaby first so you can decide which teaching method and style is best for you and your baby.

To learn specifically about teaching babies how to read, please go here: http://www.brillbaby.com/teaching-baby/reading/introduction-to-teaching-baby-to-read.php
To learn specifically about teaching babies math, please go here: http://www.brillbaby.com/teaching-baby/math/introduction-to-teaching-baby-math.php

You’ll learn about the methods you can use to teach - the flash card method (which takes advantage of right brain learning capabilities of children) and the multisensory method (incredibly fun and very stimulating for baby). We’ve built all of our BrillKids learning systems to be able to use both methods, so you have more flexibility in your lessons.

If you’ve found which method works best for you, and you’re looking for a teaching program you can use, I’d like to invite you to try Little Reader, Little Musician and Little Math. Our programs take teaching a step further by making it easier for parents like to you to create your own lesson materials, as well as personalize the lessons to make learning more meaningful for you and your child.

To get your free trial, just click on the “Account” link at the top right corner of every BrillKids page, and click on “Purchases”. You can go ahead and download our software from there and you can use them for 14 days as a trial.

We hope you enjoy your stay here with BrillKids and our community, and if you have any general questions, don’t hesitate to write to us! – this way, a lot of other parents will be able to answer you from their own expert opinions, and you’ll get more variations and experiences to help you through!

Have an awesome time teaching! :happy:

Such moving words encourage me a lot…Ill try my best to learn how to teach my kid.hope one day soon I can post a video to show off :biggrin: :biggrin:

Just be consistent and have fun, and you & your little one will do GREAT! :slight_smile: