hello

Hello-
I just downloaded Little Reader and I can’t wait to get started using it with my kiddos. I had been using the Your baby can read videos and got okay response from my 3 yr old and nothing from my 1 yr old. Then I read Doman’s book and while waiting for my card set to arrive I made 5 simple (but ugly, I am not artistic at all) word cards. I did them 2 times a day for 3 days and on the 3rd day my 3yr old read 2 cards before I had a chance to say what the word was! Today, day 5, he can read all 5 words! Little one gets excited about it too, but she hasn’t said any words other than mama and dada yet! I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Amanda

Hi Amanda! We’re very happy to have you here in the forums! :biggrin:

Reading about your experience teaching your kids is exciting, I have to admit, I thought it was awesome that your little one can read more - just after 5 days of using word cards! :wub: It just goes to show that kids are so much more capable of learning at a very fast pace!

I look forward to hearing about your experience when you start using Little Reader too - I hope that it will spark your kids’ interest in reading and learning so much more. Please do let us know if you have any questions or if you need a hand in getting used to the software or getting around in the forums: we would be more than happy to help! lol

Cheers, and happy teaching!

Lappy

Hi and welcome to the forums! I agree with Lappy, it is wonderful to hear about your son learning to read! I think both children will love Little Reader. There are so many ways to customize it (and you don’t have to worry about “ugly” cards lol ).

Please let us know if you have any questions. I hope to see you around the forums!

Nikki