Hello to all of you!!

Hi there,

I’m a new user, and really found this website interesting. I am a mother of two, a four year old son with multiple learning disabilities and a two year old girl - both adorable!! I found this program excellent for both my kids, however in the case of my son I have to prepare new slideshows in order to pronounce the words in Maltese (our first language). Is there anyone who has a child with a disability? I would like to hear more ideas on how to use this software in order to help children with PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Disability).

Lappy, thanks for your warm welcome. I would like to know whether each slide can be prompted with a mouse click rather than being self-automated. Thanks a lot, glad to form part of your forum. you’ll hear from me soon. take care everyone.

Khloe

Hi and welcome to the forums. It is good to have you here. I think there are some other parents with disabled children, and I believe there is an educator or two who works with them too. Hopefully, you will be able to help eachother! Maybe you can start a new thread asking about the other parents?

And yes, you can change the slides to be automatic or advanced by the mouse by checking or unchecking the AUTO-FORWARD box in playback. You can also do different things with the pointer, if you choose to use it.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. I hope to see you around!
Nikki

Hi Khloe, and welcome to our community! :happy:

Nikki is right - you can change the slide presentation between auto-forward and manual modes, and apart from this, there’s just so many other great things you can do with Little Reader! All the presentation options can be found by clicking on the PLAYBACK button on the top of your program, and you’ll be able to see what other choices you have to make lesson time fun and exciting for both your kids!

And yes, I do believe we have many other parents of children with learning disabilities in the forum. :slight_smile: We also have several professionals here too - baby sign language experts, speech language pathologists, nurses, doctors, and teachers, who will be more than willing to share their knowledge and opinion about any concern you may have. :yes: Simply create a NEW TOPIC in the Early Learning Board with your question or concern, and you’ll have a barrage of answers within the hour!

I really hope that you enjoy your time here at the forums, and if you’ve any questions, simply ask any of us or post around - we’ll be sure to lend a hand.

Cheers,

Lappy :clown: