Hello! I'm New and Need Lots of Help...

Hi to all you guys on LR!

Am happy that I managed to get something realy cool and hope to jump start with LR English, Chinese and Math with my gal who’s turning 1 really soon. I’m also thinking of getting the Music as well and I believe she’ll like it.

Could someone out there pls tell me where can I find information on instructions preferably step-by-step guide on how to customize? I wanted to use my gal’s pic for Math but I seem to have problem after uploading the pic. When I test it with the lessons, it doesn’t tally and seem to move too fast. Think I’m doing something wrongly but not sure what’s wrong. :confused:

Also trying to upload pics for English/Chinese under family category successfully. But when I try it, how do I get the cursor to move from left to right for those new family members that I added? The cursor just appears on the left and disappears…

Thanks

Hi neanea,

Welcome to BrillKids! So happy to have a new and excited Mom here! :slight_smile:

Hopefully I can be of somewhat help to your questions.
You can follow this link for instructions on how to import LM icon sets.

http://support.brillkids.com/entries/20613661-how-to-create-and-edit-little-math-media-sets

By the time I started customizing LR files for my son he already understood the left to right reading concept. I will pass your inquiry on to someone with more technical experience.

The Little Musician (LMs) program is awesome. My son loves the clap along section. I highly recommend this program to instill a strong foundation of music.

We look forward to hearing about your experiences with early learning.
Melanie

Thanks alot Melanie!
So nice of you :biggrin:

I was able to report my problem after posting above ‘new and help’ thread.
Think I’ve to start using the standard icons first while I get the customized one to be resolved as the sound comes much later than the uploaded new icon set which I was testing out.

So happy that someone offered help :happy:

Hi Neanea,
So happy that you have found the forum, and your LO is just at a fantastic age to take advantage of all the great BrillKids products…Definitely check out Little Musician. It really is unbelievable how much fun it is and how fast the kids pick it up. Tonight my hubby disappeared outside for a bit, so we did Little MUS without him- he was actually disappointed because he missed doing it as a family!

In addition to the products (not all here in the forum use them!) you will find SO many parents absolutely dedicated to EL with their young children- and most, if not all, will willingly and happily share advice, experience, joy, and friendship as you get going :yes:

Can’t wait to hear how you and your little daughter are doing!

Hello and welcome! Be sure to check out some video tutorials to help you learn some new tricks with your software. :slight_smile: Happy teaching!

https://www.youtube.com/user/BrillKidsTutorials