hello i am new here

Hi i am Sophia,

29yr old mother of a 15 months and currently 6 months pregnant with my second. 2 boys…

I just bought this software, would love to be advise and assisted on how to fully utilise this - teaching my babies to read. I hope is not too late for my 15th months Ranen.

Feel free to tell me what to do and how to use this to it fullest.

I always hope my children love to read because i dont. hehe…

I am open to anyone that caN help me along in this journey, forum etc…

thanks…

Hi Sophia,

Welcome!

I would suggest you first read up all about teaching babies to read at brillbaby.com:
http://www.brillbaby.com/teach-baby/reading.php

You can also download the e-book on reading!

As for using Little Reader, please browse around the Little Reader FAQ board:
http://forum.brillkids.com/little-reader-how-tos-and-faqs/

Let us know if you have any specific questions. The best way to start, actually, is to go through all the video tutorials.

Lastly, I split your second post and moved it here:
http://forum.brillkids.com/little-reader/just-bought-little-reader-today/

Hope to see you around often! :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome to the forums! It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

hi and welcome
happy to have you.feel free to ask any question. it’s not late to start for your 15m child cos’e still he is very very young. :slight_smile:

Hi there, thanks for the warm welcome and help.

My boy Ranen been watching baby sign since 4 months and now he can sign. He is very much into watching television too esp playschool nursery rhymes and sesame street. I am just wondering if i can get him to sit down to watch the little reader.

I have yet to start, still figuring out the usage of the little reader software.

GREAT TO SEE YOU SOPHIA

FEEL FREE TO ASK ME ABOUT ANY THING GOING OVER THE SITE.

THERE ARE MANY INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED. FEEL FREE TO BROWSE THE FORUM AND SHARE YOUR IDEAS

HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE FORUM

Hi Sophia! Welcome!

It sounds like your boy has a good start already if he is signing. :slight_smile: My active boy would hardly sit still for a video until just recently (he is now 15 months, too). He still doesn’t really sit still, but he will watch some. We started watching Your Baby Can Read dvds that we got at the library. There are others who have used it with their babies in this forum. If your little one likes vidoes, he might like that.

As for sitting to watch the Little Reader, my little one will watch 5 “flashcards” at a time (sometimes more). I’m usually holding him, and he’ll be looking all around until he hears the computer read the word and show the pictures. He especially likes the flashcards that have sounds (like animal sounds or musical instrument sounds). It only takes a few seconds for him to watch a set of 5, then depending on his mood, we’ll watch more, or move on to doing something else.

:slight_smile: THen

hi Then,

where are you located now? so i believe you are a christian? i love those you put up…

I am just starting with making my own categories and finding out it’s not too hard. :slight_smile:
I am also a Christian. Aneta has some nice Bible verses and quotes for little ones you might want to check out
http://forum.brillkids.com/downloads/?sa=myfiles;u=2852
Hope you can use your LR to the full

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Kimba15.

Ps I have a little girl her name is Sophia

hi my name is sophia too!! heheh… sophia = wisdom in hebrew.

so where can i go into the country session?

hi nicolett,

thanks for sharing the website. so where are you from?
maybe you can share with me how u start to post your catogory

hi Sophia,
I am from Ukraine but live in Hungary. And you?
When you start LR the first window that comes up has “TIPS” at the top right. You can find all the useful tips (how tos) there.