Hello from Viet Nam

Hello Everyone!

My name’s Tuna, I feel some troubles to teach my 11 month old daughter (her name 's Jenny), she is very active and snivelling lol . She can stand and walk by toddling , so she does not want to still.

I hope I can learn how to teach my baby form this forum and we can share the interesting thing in the life.

Best wish

Tuna

Hi and welcome to the forums. It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

thank for your reply,

Now my baby begin to realize the world , she too active and like to walk around her house to discovery anything … if she want something, but could not get it , she’ll try to get it , or else she would cry , scream …

please help me to teach her about this problem …

Thank you.

Hi Jenny 1204

My baby is also 11 month old, born in April.

Are you Vietnamese?

I’m interested to teach my baby Vietnamese but not sure if there is any program/flashcard ready-made in Vietnamese to save some work. Hope we can share info if you are also interested.

Thank you.

hi and welcome to the our forum. we are glad to have you here. please feel free to browse the forum and share you ideas and experience with us.

hope to hear more from you soon

Hi Ha

my baby is also born in April same as your baby.

We are Vietnamese and live in HoChiMinh city.

Actually, in my opinion the program or the way to teach baby in Vietnam is different alot from another country(AMERICAN, EURO … ), I knew it when I studied abroad.

Baby from that country could be self-contained too early, they can sleep alone, they can eat by themself … therefore I would like to lear how to teach my baby like that.

please share your ideas and experience with me.

@rixu : thanks and say more about your baby please.

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Do feel free to ask any question, as in the forum there are experienced mothers… Hope you will enjoy teaching your baby with the aid of the LR and LM

Best wishes to you

Jenny, I think the difference is in letting or not letting baby doing some certain exercise, and/or exploring the environment. We Asian people seem to control babies’ environment more than Westerners e.g. not letting babies eat by themselves, being afraid of the mess they will create. Making mess is a way for them to learn.

Tasting things with their tongue is another way for them to learn and explore things around. My parents in law used to be not very happy at first when I let my baby taste what she likes (which is everything) so long it’s not dirty or poisonous.

Children can sleep alone because their parents train them so. I know one of my workmates get up like 20 times at night to get her daughter back to her bed in another room when the daughter got up and go to parents room. that is part of training. You have to be committed and be consistent. However everyone is comfortable and believe in different methods, so feel welcomed to set your own rules.

One advantage in western world: we have heaps of books and guide on baby development and what we should do with baby during early months. My Plunket nurse (a free nurse service in NZ where they visit you and baby at your home every months for the first 6 months to check on baby and you) used to ask me every visit if I have put my baby on tummy time a lot (since birth). We also hold baby upright here since little. And my cousins in Vietnam still hold their little babies only in horizontal position face up for a few months after birth.

If you have Doman books, you will see that he advised parents to let babies sleep on tummy, crawl when sleeping from birth etc… Some parents oppose that idea though.

there is heaps of info you can read on the internet, just google it, if you don’t want to buy books.

Hope this helps.

thanks a lot … let’s I try and see how 's it work …

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Kimba15