Hello from the San Francisco Bay Area in California

Hello!

We found this website after looking for videos of reading babies online.

We bought Doman’s Teach Your Baby To Read book last week and are getting very inspired.
We’re preparing to make/buy large format flashcards and get the learning activities started with our 1 year old son!

I was very nervous about doing anything formal before 1 year, but now that we passed that milestone, I’m full speed ahead.

Hoping to learn about fun-loving techniques on this forum.

Since before our boy was born, I dreamed of hubby and I being our baby’s first teacher, and giving him the gift of reading and more.
I don’t want anyone else to have that huge privilege.

Thanks for reading,
mom2ross

Wellcome and it is wonderful to have you here. There are many fun and interesting topics that were discussed here over time, so you can just search and read those, that waht I did, and it really helped me to get ideas and to get organised. Looking forward to hear from you!

Welcome aboard! I would strongly suggest getting Your Baby Can Read dvds and Little Reader. The two are such excellent products to help teach your baby many things not only reading. The support from Brillkids is the best I have ever seen. The product is kind of at the toddler stage. I think it has passed infancy. So occasionally we still run into a few glitches but the team is excellent and responds quickly. This forum is a tremendous help and a wonderful group of people to help answer your questions.

Welcome! I’m from San Jose, Ca. Previously we did YBCR and I just got the LR and LM in Oct and all i can say is my son enjoy the sessions v much and he is now learning to speak more words everyday from the course. In this forum, there are many great contributors and also topics I learned alot from them. It is such a great forum that I must check out every day.

Hello Mom2ross and welcome. Teaching your baby to read is so fun and exciting. Truly the best memories of my children’s childhood has been to teach them all sorts of things. I know you will enjoy it and not regret it at all. Of course when you get started there are lots of questions. We just recently put together an extensive Guide to Teaching Babies to Read. We covered every question you could possibly have and then some. It is an 80 minute tutorial and shows you in depth all the different ways in which you can teach your baby to read.

You can check it out here http://www.intellbaby.com/A_Guide_To_Teaching_Babies_To_Read.html

Enjoy your journey, it is truly amazing. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone!

So far so good!

I’ve already learned a lot by visiting the forums for only a few days.