Hello from New Mom! - KL,Malaysia

Hello Everyone!

Just a quick intro - i’m a new mom - baby girl’s name is Adele! She’s two months old now (born 13 July 2011).

I’ve just started reading up on how to teach infants and play/learn techniques. I don’t mean for it to be a chore nor stress her into ‘studying’. Just to have fun while learning the proper way and follow her pace.

I’ll be resuming my office work next week (mixes feelings) and hope i can spare as much time and arrange my schedule to spend more time with her and my husband and the extended family in our new journey!

To those of you from KL, Malaysia - please feel free to hook up with me to learn to bring up our kids together :smiley: Would love to share ideas and maybe meet up for monthly activities? I’m also very keen on taking up LR and LM… soon i hope…

Thank you!

welcome to the forum

we are glad you came here

there are lot of information you can gather from our forum

Hi Florewill.
firstly congratulations on your new arrival, life’s gonna be a roller coaster after this! (in a good way!). It’s wonderful that you have decided to join us here on the forum, Brillkids has alot to offer for your LO and so do most of the forum threads.
I’m from KL too, and have 2 kiddos (23/11mo) and another on the way… a working mom too, so I completely understand the “mixed feelings”. Have fun with the baby, and always remember the most important things is LOVE, LOVE and LOVE!
I’ll be free for meet ups and also maybe playdates after Feb or March 2012 as the little baby is due right around the new year.
Good luck!

Hi Dear,

Congrats and welcome!!

Saw Dr Mommy replying to this post and decided to kay poh a bit. lol

I’m from Malaysia and I am a working mom too. So, we can give each other some well deserved pats on the back.

The first few weeks are the toughest. I cried when I went back to work, I cried when I am on call. Cried some more when my child was sick and i was not with him. You get the picture…

Then, later, once the hormones settle down and you are back in your routine, life will somewhat seem a little more ‘normal’.

Best of luck.

Keep a diary or a blog. It helps

Welcome.

I’m a new mom from KL too, erm… guess not too new now. My girl is coming to 11-month.

Do understand how you feel. I’m a working mother too. Will be glad to exchange thoughts here. You should really try out LR & LM. These two are superb.

Hey you beautiful ladies!

Im a new mommy with LR too! Im from Sg. Buloh and would love to share ideas. :slight_smile: I’ve only just started the program with my 17mth old tho.
So glad I found you all.

Do you ladies have FB? I can create a group in there and we can talk2 and discuss more. :biggrin:

Hi ladies,

Love the facebook idea. A place to share ideas and thoughts. Maybe you can call it the Official Malaysian KiasuMom FB page lol .
There are lots of mommies in Malaysia doing some kinda early learning programme but not everyone has the time to blog or post in forums.
Would love to meet up and have a cuppa or arrange playdates

Hi,

I am new here too… Love the fb idea as well… :slight_smile:

Welcome Florewill, we’re glad to see you in the forum! :slight_smile:

The Facebook idea is great!

You all can connect through it, but for those of you who want to just stay here in the forum we also do have a Malaysia board for those of you who want to discuss things in your local language. :slight_smile: This way you can still earn the points while you post.

Hi ladies!

Ok, Ive set this up so we can talk-talk there in FB instead k… :slight_smile:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Creative-Mummies-Smart-Kiddies-Spore-Msia/297016673646631

ANYONE IS MORE THAN WELCOMED TO JOIN AND LIKE THIS PAGE! :smiley:

See you there!