Hello from Malaysia

Hi everyone,

I am Syakirra from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I have a 6 months old daughter, 26 weeks of premature and weight 1.06kg when i gave birth to her. I read a lot and many books saying that some of the preemies might be a bit slow compared to normal babies with the same age.

I found out that my baby doesn’t really interested on toys at the moment and she is interested on communicating with peoples. Therefore i decided to get some flashcards so that i can develop her brain and at the same time communicate with her.

Anyone with preemies here? let’s share some ideas.

Hi and welcome to the forums. It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

hi and welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you here. please feel free to browse the forum and share your ideas and experience with us

Welcome! I didn’t have a preemie, but I’d love to hear about tips!

Having a preemie is very challenging mentally and physically because my baby needs to be in the NICU at the hospital for 2 months and i need to be at home during that time.

Basically we need to be very hygiene and need not exposed her to outside for at least 2-3 months after the baby has been discharged from the hospital to avoid infections as the lungs are not really matured.

http://cheyahchomel.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-pregancycomplication.htmlI wrote some of the experiences on . Feel free to read

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Kimba15