Hello from Central Coast, NSW, Australia

Hello Everyone,

I am the dad of a 5 year old who’s just started with Little Reader.
We’ve had 5 lessons so far… she still can’t read but I guess it takes time hahaha :biggrin:

She enjoys the computer software best, and loves the books…
Not so keen on the phonics part, she gets tired because she has to think… but she still does it… any suggestions there would be appreciated.

We’re located just about an hour north of Sydney, in an area called the Peninsula, in the NSW central coast… anyone else from the area…??

I am personally enjoying teaching my child how to read more than anything else right now.
It feels like the most valuable thing I can do, and it gives us another opportunity to bond… to bond at yet another level.

Best,
Gibran

Welcome to the forum. I am a little further north…Brisbane lol
I am not sure what you mean by " she has to think" during the phonics part. Try to keep your sessions stress free and easy for her so she keeps the interest level up. Testing is for teachers not parents :biggrin:
The books are the best! Always a hit here too!

Welcome!

I have a 5 year old daughter also. She loves reading now thanks to Little Reader.

I’m not sure either why she thinks the phonics is hard work but I agree with mandabplus3 - don’t test. Just Input. Input. Input. & make sure you both have lots of fun:)