Hello from Australia WA

Hiya everyone!! I am soooo looking forward to some like minded people and not people that think I am doing my kids a disservice by encouraging their love for learning!!

So so sick of hearing “let them be kids”

well hello - I am!!

anyway before I start a rant I should properly introduce myself

I am an early shildhood teacher who stumbled upon the YBCR dvds when my firstborn was about 12 months old. WOW - what a completely different approach to teaching than what I spent 4 yrs learning at university LOL!!

my husband wasnt convinced but we both gave it a go and by 2 yrs of age my son was reading phonetically

fast forward a few years I now have my son just turned 4 who has the reading age of an 8-9 yrold
a daughter who just turned 3 and has the reading age of an 8 yr old (we combined YBCR with the doman reading system and the native baby reading philosphy)
a 6 month old who has a brother and a sister shoving words/books in her face all day so will be reading before long just to get them to leave her alon LOL!!

My 2 older kids are also quite proficient at sign language and we have just started teaching them german and they are soaking it up like sponges!!!

so anyway I am so keento talk to soem like minded people because Iam really struggling to not be looked at like a freak…

cant wait to meet and chat withyou all and look forward to reading your stories!!

Welcome to the forum!

Hi Mummamia,
I’m from Australia too, reading ur story, I’m feelling so much the same, so sick of my hubby saying"just let her be a kid" as I’ve only got one daughter now & expecting the second one in two month time. I don’t have a teacher’s background, but I’m very passionate about early education, but due to a lot of family reason, I haven’t really started & don’t really know where to start, just wondering have you bought their product yet, if so, would you mind if I ask you some question through email as they’re might quite silly questions, don’t really want to post to here, my email address is chc2008@optusnet.com.au
Look forward to hearing you soon!
Cheers,
Carol