Hello everyone

Hello,
My name is Jenny. I am so glad i have a chance to join this forum. I expect to have a really good time here with other moms and mom-to-be. I am pregnant and will deliver in March, next year. I’ve read through many topics in this forum as well as articles in the website and feel so excited that i could not wait to plan lessons for my baby.

The problem i have is my husband and i both are not English native speakers. we would like to talk to our baby in his/her early years in our native language which is Vietnamese. So i am thinking of introducing her flashcards in Vietnamese first and then English ones later. is it the right choice? Do you think i should use vietnamese to talk to my baby even while i am showing her/him English flashcards, slideshow…? when i show him a picture of car with the word “car”, should i show a picture of car with the equivalent word in Vietnamese (ô tô)?

It seems like it’s not so easy but i think this forum will be a big help.
thank you
really happy to chat with you all.

Hi Huongvan,

Welcome to this forum. :slight_smile:

I’m not an English native too and have a 10 months old baby. Me and my hubby speak persian at home, but as I live in Malaysia I talk English to her when we are out! And we go to shichida class once a week where everyone speak English there.

I think you can show English and Vietnamese flashcards at the same time. I know some mothers who learn 5-6 different languages to their below 3 yo child and no mixing happened!

You can first start with Vietnamese flashcards and then show them in English. Just remember not mixing them at the same time. I mean show all cards you want to show in Vietnamese, after finishing tell her/him now we start English mommy and show the same cards (or different if you prefer) in English!

I hope this help you, good luck mommy :slight_smile:

Hi Ella,
Thank you for your welcome and your advice. it’s good to know that you got your baby attend Shichida school. I’m living in California and i’ve searched for Shichida school in here but i haven’t found one. i’ve read about the methods they use but still want to know more about them. I hope you can give me little help sometimes.

Good luck with your baby

Hi Huongvan,

Unfortunately there are few shichida schools in a world except Japan as I heard there are near 400 schools open there!!!

I know one opens in New York in 2003 but just this one in US!

Sure, it’s my pleasure to help other moms. You can ask me whatever you want whenever :slight_smile: ofcourse I’m new mom but with other mom’s help we can learn our children as much as we can.

You can start reading for her/him. I don’t remember which month baby hears from womb but you can simply search at www.babycenter.com.
It has very useful information about health and step by step pregnancy!

Hi every one,

I’m new to this forum too,

I hope we all have good time with our children and help eachother to improve our information about right brain education

Gool luck moms

yeah, i don’t understand why Shichida programs don’t spread out in the US. anyway, it seems like with other tools like LR, Little Pim, we can still teach our kids at home.

I will sure be reading to my child when the times come. it’s said that at 18th week, fetuses will be ablt to hear their mother’s voice. I still have to wait 7 weeks more. Today i watched several live childbirth videos on youtube and offcourse was amazed and moved. :blush: And I’m a frequent reader of babycenter.com too.

your baby is 10 moths now. what does she know so far?

hi Mazi! nice to have you here.