Hello, Everyone

Hello, Everyone. Actually, I am not new. I should have introduced myself earlier. Sorry for that. I am now staying in Japan. I got to know of LR and joined the Beta Testing sometime in early July. I found it really interesting and like it very much. However in mid July, I went back to my home country for two months and sort of “lost touch” with LR as it was not convenient for me to use the computer there. Now that I am back and more settled, I started using LR with my 13-months daughter. She likes it but sometimes I am not able to get her full attention. She is very active and gets distracted easily. I appreciate if anyone could give me some advice as to how to prolong her concentration . I find your forums very informative as it covers almost everything under the sun on early education. Thank you very much for this interesting software. Thanks to all of you who contribute so much to the forums. I am learning new things everyday. Yes, when will the commercial release of LR be? What will happen when my extention license expires? I don’t want to lose touch with Little Reader again. Thanks.

Hi nteoyp!

Glad to have you with us! Hope you also find the Japanese Categories useful!

One advice I would give you in terms of trying to keep your daughter’s interest is to HEAVILY personalize your Categories. For example, use lots of personal pictures, personal item names, etc. etc. Each time you come across that picture, talk about it, ask her questions about it, interact with her, etc. For example, for body parts, you could replace all pictures with pictures of your daughter’s body parts, or Mommy/Daddy’s.

The commercial release of LR is due out next weekend. If your license is expiring before then, you can get an extension covering up to that day (see thread highlighted in the forum News above). After release, you may purchase a copy or redeem points you earn for a free or discounted copy!

Welcome to the Forums again!

Thank you very much, KL. I started taking photos of things in my house yesterday. I am now starting to personalize my files and categories. Thanks again.

Wonderful! Do let us know how that goes!