hello everyone

Hi
My name is Ronnie and I have a 2 year old with a speech delay. I have been looking for a program that I could use to help her start talking. I also plan to use it for my 4 year old. I pray that this program will help me reach our goal and have fun along the way. Please keep us in your prayers

Ronnie

Hi and welcome to the forums. It’s great to have you here! Please browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you, and please let us know if you need any help. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

Hi! I am new here too. My daughter just turned three and she was speech delayed too. Back in January she only had a vocabulary of perhaps 50 words and now she is doing so well she was released from Early Intervention a couple months ago having met all her goals. The speech therapist wasn’t very helpful. We just worked really closely with our daughter and used whatever worked for her (sometimes going against what the speech therapist told us–for instance, our daughter needed to be prompted to talk). But I really think learning to read at the same time as she was learning to talk really helped a lot and helped her to get further faster. My husband agrees. :slight_smile: Our reading times are great speech practice times too. :slight_smile: Oh, the “Your Baby can Read” videos and the “Meet the Sight Words” videos seemed to help because she would say what they were saying and they definitely helped her start reading. :slight_smile: I’m not saying that what worked for us will necessarily work for your little one, but I’m hoping it is encouraging. All the best with your child!

To speech delay parents .Although they do not talk they understand .Teach them in simple word how to lock and aunlock doors. Yesterday he locked himself in the study.After telling him to stop crying and telling him he is good boy . Itold him to turn the other side the key .In myself I was already asking how I am going to break the door. But yes he did it. THanks God.