HELLO EVERYONE

I’M MUMMY OF A NINETEEN MONTH BABY.I´M SPANISH BUT I´M TEACHING MY BABY ENGLISH TOO. I TRIED THIS METHOD WITH MY BABY SOME MONTHS AGO BUT I WAS NOT VERY SUCCESSFUL SINCE HE DIDN´T LEARN ANY WORD. I SUPPOSE HE WASN´T STILL PREPARED. I HOPE THIS TIME WE ´LL BE LUCKIER BECAUSE NOW HE SEEMS MORE RECEPTIVE. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU! lol lol lol

Hi and welcome to the forums! It is great to have you here. Please browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. We would love to hear more of your experiences with your son.
Please remember that just because a baby doesn’t show signs of comprehension, doesn’t mean he is not learning. Keep at it, and you will soon see results! Some babies take a while, but they are still absorbing everything you teach them.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
I hope to see you around!
Nikki

Greetings I am also new to the group. I just wanted to encourage you to keep doing what you are doing. There is a concept called fastmapping and basically it means that it may take a while for a infant toddler or preschooler to learn something new at first but once they pick it up they seem to learn more it faster and faster. I hope I explained that well. It is like when you first learned to read it took a while to learn the first few words but once once you learned them, you picked up dozens of new words a day.
Tonia