Hello Everyone, I'm New and excited!

Hi Everyone…

I’m ris and I’m new not only here but also towards forums as well. I am a new mom to my 5 months old son and being a new parent is certainly an exciting adventure for me. I am so overwhelmed with all the products available everywhere and i am a true believer of early childhood development. I have previously started my boy on the “Your Baby Can Read” program but he seems bored watching it. (I yawned as well, haha…)

Today i have downloaded the Brillkids trial program and my boy seems to have enjoyed his 1st lesson. I’m really keeping my fingers crossed XXXX… really eager and looking forward to spend our bonding time with fun. I must say its really an easy program to use.

See you all around!!!

Cheers,
Ris

Hi Ris! Welcome to the forum. My best advice for you is to create a consistant routine. Try to watch your lessons at the same time everyday so it’s built around one of your other standard activities. It will become as natural as brushing your teeth! Without a routine, it can become easy to miss lessons due to busy schedules or forget. For my kids, I always read books with them the very first thing upon waking, I reccomend the Brillkids storybooks of course because of the large font and text that is separate from the picture. I typically kept a basket next to “mommy and daddy’s big bed” and we did books and snuggling. Then, we went downstairs for breakfast and Little Reader on the big screen tv while in the high chair. (I just connect the laptop using an hdmi cable). So, before the day slipped away from us, we took care of all the morning’s lessons. We would fit the second lesson in as the day permitted. Sometimes I stll just show the lessons during breakfast and lunch during the weekdays, but not during dinner or on the any mealtimes on the weekends when my husband is home and we’re having family time. Other parents show LR consistently at morning snack time or after bathtime, right before bed. The key is finding what works for YOUR family!

Best of luck, let us know how it’s going from time to time! :slight_smile:

Hi Teachingmytoddler,

Thanks for sharing and your great advice. I’m starting him on a routine, after bathtime to start the program on laptop. If he seems uninterested, i would stop and come back to it later. Yup, in the afternoons is usually activity and play time. Well, night time would be bedtime story… Hehe… well, not everyday goes as perfect but the important part is that he has fun learning!

Cheers,
Ris

Hi Ris,

I am so glad to hear your son is having fun learning. You are definitely in the right place to learn about all different types of early learning programs. Here is a link where you can read about Product Reviews on this forum:

http://forum.brillkids.com/product-discussions-and-reviews/

When my son was 5 months old the only dvd he would watch was Readeez. You can find coupons here http://www.brillkids.com/coupon-store/index_points_redemption.php

I have been here a little over a year and I get more excited as each day goes by I am positive with the BrillKids’ program you and your son will be too. :slight_smile:

Hi Mela Bala,

Thanks for sharing the good offer, i’ll check it out. Yes so looking forward as i see him grow each day.

Cheers,
Ris

Hi ris! Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it as well as i do :slight_smile:
They’re all wonderful

Hello friends!!! I am new here. I love it!! A question??? Is good that the baby learns a second language, I am Spanish, before learning the native language of their parents??? I can speak English very well, but I am not native… I can´t speal all the time in English. She is only two months and when she begins to cry… :tongue:

It’s not just good, it’s FANTASTIC!
A second (+third, fourth, fifth…) language is one of the best gift we as parents can offer to our child.
You can use One Parent On Language or One Time One language with your little one.

I live in Canada but my native language is Thai. My husband speaks English with my son while I speak Thai to him.
I have been trying to teach my son French too!

Plus, babies don’t “learn” languages. They absorb the languages. It comes to them so naturally and effortlessly!!!