Hello everyone - from Minnesota -USA

Hello everyone,

My name is Zachary and I am a proud dad of my 9th month old Gavin. We live in the State of Minnesota, US where it is 26ºF. I just bought the Little reader software and it arrived last week. I am excited to play and learn with my little boy.

After installing the software and beginning day 1, Gavin seem to interact well with the program. I can’t wait to see what is to come.

Any advise or tips would be very appreciated.

Thanks
Zachary

Hi from Texas, it is 57ºF here :biggrin:

Being excited about teaching your baby is the key to motivation and consistency! So never give up or get bored if your child still hasn’t shown his knowledge yet, one day you will be surprised :yes:

Another tip: visit the forum regularly to keep up with EL parents and what they are doing with their kids. You can also search older posts if you have specific questions or directly ask them here.

Happy early learning!

Hello & welcome!

The biggest thing is to stay consistent to see the positive parent/child bonding benefits and best teach your child to read. When starting with a little one (which is a GREAT time to start!) just make sure to focus on input, input, input! It will most likely be months before your child decides to show you what he knows, so just go with the flow and keep showing those words. :slight_smile: Integrate the lessons into your daily routine, ideally at the same time everyday so baby (and Daddy!) knows what to expect. We do lessons are breakfast/lunch time in our house and if I forget, my kids say “Mommy, we didn’t do lessons!” and they remind me.

So, keep it joyful and consistent and you cannot go wrong. Good luck!! Keep us in the loop how it’s going, we love to learn from each other and share ideas if you’re having any challenges.

TmT

Welcome to the boards!