Hello Every one

Hi, I am Eglee, Zahorí’s mother, I am a divorce and single mother graduate as a Human Resource Analyst but work as Spanish Teacher, my baby is 6 months old and she is very bright for her age. I am from Venezuela but I live in a Beautiful Paradise call Grenada in the West Indies. I just started to stimulate her brain and I am teaching her the alphabet. (By the way every one including her pediatrician and neonatologist said that she was well stimiluted during the pregnancy)

Zahorí loves when I read her bed time story and once I am done, I give her the book and I tell her that this is her book she hugs it and smile, then she tries to put it in her mounth but once I tell her books are to be read and not to be suck she smiles and takes it out of her mouth then I ask her to give me the book and she let it go when she is ready, it takes a minute for she to let go the book.

You might read this and said “No Way, that baby can’t be so smart” but one thing is for me to tell you and a next one is for you to see it and experience it. Then you will know that she is way too bright for her age.

I reach to this website looking for some information on how can I teach my baby to read and do maths, I like what I saw and I print out some flash cards that I am using now.

My teaching first step is to stimulate her brain with the flash cards, then I show her the alphabet and whatever I do around her I tell her. Last night I tought her to hug and to kiss, then I took her to her aunt and I asked her to give to her aunt a hug and a kiss, she did hug her aunt, (her hug is holding your face very tenderly between her hands and smile) but she doesn’t know how to kiss and her way of kissing is resting her chick againts mine.

My little peace of heaven (this is how I call my baby) have brought so much happiness into my life that everything else is insignificant around her. She is everything to me.

To Havenly haven,
I am also A single mom of two girls. I know that it is very hard sometimes but keep your self motivated because your baby is number 1 and both of you can have a wonderful relationship. Also enjoy the moments and take a lot of pictures of both of you together and display them. She is very little and she will always see you that you are a strong mama and very special just like how you feel about her…
Take care :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Forum, Eglee! You are doign great, and thanks for sharing!

hi
I’m from Vietnam. I have a 25-month-old boy. He is so cute. He knows how to talk but it’s quite difficult to understand him. By the way i also teach him some English words, the toys’ name or some fruits that he can enjoy.
This website is very useful. It not only has many source for me to tecah him but also a forum that parents can share experience about taking care of child or something.
I’m worried about my son’s weight. he is only 12,2kg. He love eating and drinking milk (1litre/day). But i do not understand why.
Pls help me