Hello, Bonjour ^^

Hello everyone,

I am Sumayyah, French [West Indian] - my hubby American Native Indian. I live in UK.
i am a 2nd time mum… but with a bigggggggggggggg gap! 1st born just turned 13 [previous relationship] and my little princess is 1.
I usually speak english and french to the oldest who loves replying in english only :confused: so I am trying to only speak french to the youngest, except when we are learning something in english.
I love languages… I’ve been learning Arabic, Korean, Japanese and started to do sign language with my daughter. Also, I have a friend who only speak Arabic to her. Hope she will master at least 3 languages before 10 without compromising her mother tongue, “french”, lol [I know she is supposed to have english as well, oh well :p].

Hope to have inspiration and help from everyone in here. STUDY HARD… with fun :slight_smile:

Hi. Welcome. You are already off to a great start with your daughter. I look forward to hearing of her success. I love it that you are learning new languages for yourself as an adult. Look around there is a lot of information on this forum. Feel free to ask questions. Everyone is helpful.

Good Luck, Lori