Hello all!

Hi everyone! I rarely get computer time for myself, so please forgive me if I don’t respond right away to any of your replies. With the excuse out of the way (!), I am brand new to YBCR and the like and just happened to find this site through the yahoo group. Any ideas for my family…I have a 14 yr old girl (I know…), a (soon-to-be) 7 yr old boy whom might get home-schooled this upcoming school year, a (soon-to-be) 3 yr old boy and a (soon-to-be) 11 month old boy.

I’m actually interested in any ideas at all on what to do. The baby, I suppose, is a “no-brainer”…I’ve been showing him flashcards and some powerpoints which he loves! The toddler, mostly could not care less for “learning”…though he has been somewhat interested in some power points. My eldest boy will most likely be taught at home for an undetermined period of time due to special circumstances.

First of all…how will I manage my time with all of this??? Secondly, I want the best for all of them, but will really need to buckle down and make sure my 7 yr old will get enough time, attention and guidance so that he can not only “keep up” with his public school counterparts…but I want him to excel (especially since I feel that he is capable of so much more and the busier he is, the better!).

Thank you so much for reading and any responses are certainly appreciated! And in case I do not come on here too often (or even know where to go to check for replies! lol please feel free to send anything along to my email: babyben610(at)yahoo(dot)com

Thanks!

Welcome, babyben!

I think there was recently a thread about how we all manage with so little time. Check the Early Learning (general) board or the Coffee Shop board for that. Or post a specific new topic on that - there are many parents here in similar situations, I’m sure!

PS - you may want to ‘disguise’ your email like replacing ‘.’ with ‘dot’ or it’ll get harvested by spam bots.

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Thanks for the replies KL and Kimba! And thanks for the tip on the email, hadn’t thought about it!

I hope I’m able to spend some time here, this looks like a fantastic place to be!

If I get around to it…I would love to start a thread for anyone who is from Hungary, teaching Hungarian, etc. My hubby is from there and speaks Hungarian to the children. I would enjoy teaching similar concepts to our children in their “other” native language.

Can’t wait to get organized and make great use of all of this.

:wub: