Hello all

Hello,

My name is Krista and I am a mom to 6 homeschooled children. I learned about Glenn Doman when my 4th was almost 1. My life has not been the same since. I want to share this information with the world. Last year I launched my company Intellectual Baby. We have a product line called Monki See Monki Doo, they are videos and flash cards that teach babies to read. We also have a lot of information on the sites. Feel free to visit www.intellbaby.com or www.monkisee.com. I can’t wait to give and receive advice from everyone here. Thanks for having me :slight_smile:

welcome

its fascinating how you have managed to homeschool six kids karma for that.
there was a thread on early socialization about an article by doman. how did you cope with the socialization aspect?

i intend to homeschool and i feel really great about it but now and then i doubt whether that is the right thing. i want my child to have a great life and i want to offer him the best education available.

how has your experience been?

Hi and welcome to the forums! It’s great to have you here! It sounds like you have your hands full, and I bet you have a lot of great experiences to share with us. Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Kimba15

Thanks for the warm welcome. I love homeschooling. I think for parents that are doing any sort of early educational programs with their children it is just a natural next step. As for socialization, I guess it depends on how many kids you have and how often you interact with other people. My children are very social. We lived on an island in Belize all of their lives. WE just recently moved to Florida to pursue our business. The kids would not see people on a daily basis, but when they did, they were very engaging and talkative. My nieces and nephews, who attend school, will barely even say hello to us. I believe that social skills have a lot to do with the parents. I am in agreement with you on wanting my children my children to have a great education and the most opportunities in life. That is why I have chosen to home school them. Besides, they grow up so fast, I can’t imagine not having them around all the time. :slight_smile: Krista G.