hebrew for kids

on ebay.com the seller king*bar from Israel sells kids dvds in hebrew. Includes learning potty training, letters, piano, bible stories. For about US $15 each, postage is $4ish standard international flat rate, but of course bulk orders are discounted.

Wow! That’s pretty neat! :slight_smile:

that’s interesting!!

it’s good for Jewish kids or for Christian kids wanting to learn the Old Testament language… if they ever wanted to be a minister they’d have to learn this language as an adult, when it’s more difficult. I think it’s good for Christians to understand the origins of their religion. And Jesus was Hebrew.

I agree. I think that the more understanding about history that a person has, the better informed that they are. :slight_smile:

I’ve been learning Hebrew as well, and trying to find something that my son (5.25 months old) could start watching while he’s developing his phonemes to avoid accent issues later.

Do the DVDs from Israel play on US DVD players without problems? Or was that PAL system only applicable to VHS tapes, etc?

What are the DVDs like? Has any one used them ?

there’s also little pim in hebrew. very nice indeed. i would highly recommend it. plus, it was available here at my library, so check it out, maybe you can watch it to see if you like it before actually making the purchase. hebrew is a beautiful language. i’ve always felt bad about not being able to learn it. the problem is that even the letters are different. and once you’ve mastered that, you have to deal with that the vowels are not written. you just have to guess what the word means from the context. which doesn’t work too well when the context is murky too.
liza