He DID IT!!!!!

I started really showing him the flashcards in beginning March this year and he was 27months, but I wasnt able to be constant. But as I had been reading and teaching him from books from 8months with a break from 17months to 21months cos had changes at home. But I finally had the day where he read on his own a word “TOT”, its a small word i know but he read on his own, that is a lot for me! and then he read “cab” and “and” so I am ecstatic! (i never taught him AND and cab and tot were not in his books, its from a set of phonics book he just got!!!

he can recognise more than 100 words (i havent kept count!) and he has been identifying 3 different alphabets (local, English and Arabic) from 25months…

so I am hopeful…

and i tell u parents out there, consistency means alot in teaching and never give up on their AGAINS…

fantastic baby :slight_smile:
ed.

Oh, I’m so happy for you and baby. I know all the babies on this forum will have success if there caretakers keep at it even if it takes longer than expected. Have fun!

Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing your success story.
I am hopeful too.

Wow, you must be sooo proud, I am sure this is going to give you the extra boost which we often need when things are stagnating. This gave all of us here a boost too, thanks for sharing and yaay to your little one.

Wow! I think your little smarty pants is well on his way! Your doing a good job, Momma, keep it up!

Fabulous!!!keep up the good work pa … :slight_smile:

thanx for sharing and inspiring others.
that positive karma creates hope for others.

i am truly happy for you and your toddler.
keep up the great work.

I’m hopeful too!!! a BIG THANK YOU to you -Kyle’s mom!!! :slight_smile:

Congratulation! I have a 5 month old baby, and I have been teaching him to sign or show him the Little reader, I still haven’t seen signs learning. Hopefully, theres nothing wrong with him

That is really wonderful. I am happy for you and hopefully he has a lot more to show you that he has learned. Continue what you are doing, it’s working!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yes, I shared just so it will make you all keep on doin without despairing, for the difference will surely been seen if you parents keep your hopes up and keep in mind every child differs AND also kids are playful meaning they may know and keep you thinking do they really know! i say this cos I was checking if my son recognise alphabets from around 23 months but he never showed it that he knows but one day he found a puzzle i have hid of alphabets and just read out ALL the letters when I asked! when they are ready they will show but just cos they dont show you that they know doesnt really mean that they dont know!!!

I’m really happy for you.It’s always really encouraging hearing stories like this. It makes the rest of us persevere and not get weary!

Wintermom, I also have a 5month old baby and I’ve been doing LR lessons with her and signing as well. I personally think 5 months is way too early to see any signs of what they know now. I know my daughter really enjoys the presentations and that’s enough for me now. I guess in her own time, she’ll start showing us what she knows. It’s just like talking, I believe at this age, they’re already acquiring language, they understand a lot of what we say to them, but they can’t talk back. A few months to come, they’ll start revealing to us what they know. So I won’t worry at all.

Congratulation. I can imaging how exited you are. I am starting the program with my child (7 month), let’s see how that goes.

he read his first local (dhivehi) word today!!!
its finally paying off alhamdulillah!

i am truly happy for you and your toddler.
keep up the great work.

wow!congrates.feel happy for u.u really inspired me.

Great! Thanks for sharing - if I may ask, what else are you showing him besides LR? Just curious.

Wintermom, rest assured that NOTHING is wrong with your child! 5 months is WAY too early for him to demonstrate what he have learned.

Thanks

meandlinc, To be honest I haven’t been able to make full use of LR, as my comp broke and using a temporary laptop for the past 2months… i was able to use the basic version for one month only… my main teaching resource were books, loads of books with alphabets and words and picture dictionaries and word set books like “at the beach”, “vegetables” etc.,
i did manual flash cards, homemade, for more than a month but he doesn’t seem much interested in it so couldn’t do it according to Doman the 3times a day for five days but i still do it on and off… and my biggest asset are the powerpoint slideshows… mostly downloaded from here and from all over the net and homemade ones most of which I have uploaded… my son loves having foreign pronunciations so I used merriam webster’s website for it…
just always fed my self i can do it, even when i am the worst teacher anyone can ever meet, i believed my son is intelligent so he can do it even if i am not good at teaching…