have you feel out of place?

HI,
Today we went to a barbecue with my husband and baby over some friends we haven’t seen for a long time, so we went there and we were the only couple who had a baby, the rest of people were most of them single, with not kids, so my baby was really tired and crunky and she was crying and all the people was looking at us…like mmmmm.(nothing bad, probably just curious).I couldn’t even eat my barbecue because my baby was really tired and hot, or even have a conversation with somebody else,(only my husband,let’s change her diapper or stuff like that) anyways, I FELT SO OUT OF PLACE!! we had to live because It was so uncorfortable for me.

I am not used to dial with people who doesn’t have things in comon with me anymore, I really enjoy being somewhere where are lots of kids, and lots of moms, and we can talk about things we really care.

Wwhat about you? have you ever being in a situation like this?

Yes,I know how you feel… Once I had kids everything became different, I ended up making new friends cause my old friends didn’t understand me anymore… I felt really bad because they didn’t understand me or I couldn’t understand them, I think my perspectives changed so I was different.
Anyways… Such is life.

I had my first child at 19 so I can completely relate. I did find I enjoyed being in a group of mothers and children to non parents.

It helped me to be envolved with a moms and babies/tots group. I could talk with other parents about the things that mattered to me.

Also I found it wasn’t that many years before most of my friends were starting their own families.