Has anyone used Usborne Spotter's cards

I was looking at the Usborne Spotter’s cards series in amazon. Just thought if it would be the right choice for feeding encyclopedic knowledge to my son. Has anyone used it? Any experiences?

No - but I think I would like them! I’m considering the rocks and minerals cards. It’s unfortunate there aren’t any reviews online.

I’m interested as well, but I’d like to see how thick the cards are and how well they hold up to child use.

go on amazon.co.uk
you can click on look inside to see some of the actual cards
some look better then others for teaching ek
so far i think i like the rocks and minerals and flags of the world
if anyone orders please write a review

Thank you! I went ahead and bought the rocks and minerals cards - I’ll let you know how they are!

I am not too keen on them:

I think that if you’re showing a child flashcards, their first point of reference should be a life-like pic of an object. An animated picture would distort their ability to recognise the object, as so many details are left out in the animated pics.

I have the Italian ones, but not a fan

Sarah108

which cards do you have?
because some of them look like drawings and some look like real pictures
how do you feel about the size and the thickness?
by the way i completely agree with you about using drawings for bits with young children
but i am mostly interested in the facts on the cards not the picture, since i’m working with a 3.8 year old i find pictures less important
thanks
tatianna

Hi - I have the “everyday words” in Italian. Thickness great, size - I like the size of a Doman BIT card - nice and big. These are 13cm x 8cm - you have to see if you’re happy with that. Mine don’t have any facts on the back. Only an animated picture on the front with the word at the back.

TheyCan please keep us posted as soon as you receive them. That is an interesting topic. What a shame they do not come with facts, maybe we have to look for some on wikipedia.