Has anyone paid to take the Jones Genius parent course?

I was wondering if anyone paid to take the Jones Genius parent course. I am getting ready to order the system and don’t know if I need the class or not. It is pretty pricey and I am hoping to just figure it all out by looking at the materials when they come. What is in the class and is it helpful? Thank you.

We are using JG Matrix and JG Math 3. The system comes with a lot of material to help you. Math 3 includes DVD’s of Dr. Jones teaching the material. If you are uncertain of the philosophy or are timid regarding your teaching ability then you might want to take it. Otherwise, we are getting along without it. It does seem pricey but you have to figure that every semester is 2 years in a normal curriculum. And if you start at Matrix Math the whole program is merely 4 semesters and however long it takes to master Matrix Math - which can be anywhere from a month to a couple years depending on how old the child is when s/he begins. We’ve used Saxon with my older son. Between the text and all other material, plus a teaching DVD I’d spend $125 a year. That is every year for at least grades 5-12, $60-$70 for the early grades, This seems like a great bargain. Plus, this is a much better program by far.

We are using Math 3 with my 5 year old. We have not been using the online course. I do believe that the materials should be adequate, however if you order and you are considering the online course I believe that they have samples of the course (I think it’s more of an interactive class) you can watch (at least they do for Math 3). And I know Dr. Jones has offered me in the past to sit in on a lesson to see if I’d like to sign up (the times unfortunately don’t work for me with my work schedule). Soif you are considering it, I would just ask him, they tend to be very accomodating and giving with their time. Honestly one of the best customer service experiences I’ve ever had with a company. Dr. Jones has e-mailed or even called me at home to answer questions for me and even help troubleshoot and customize my program. He’s even sent me different worksheets in the mail t help my son fill in gaps in his knowledge.

Thanks for the awesome advice. I am just going to hold off on taking the parent class and try the materials on my own. I love math and used to be good at it but all these new learning systems for math are like a foreign language. LOL!!! I am glad there are so many neat options for our little ones.