Has anyone found success with Shichida math

As far as I know there is no one who has had success with Doman math. But I have seen some testimonials in Shichida math method where kids as young as 2.5 years old solve complex math equations in written form.

Doman says that most of the kids older than 3 years old would not benefit from the math dots program. But Shichida method uses those dot cards for kids older than 3 years old as well.

Can someone tell me if they have had success with Shichida math method or if they know anyone in person who has had success with that method.

Hi,
I would like to hear about other people too. I have a 27 months old son and he was about 2 when we started the Doman Dots. We still do it 3 times a day. I will satrt to introduce him the < and > tomorrow. Any success? Hard to tell. When he has the choice to chose from two dot cards he usually chooses the right one (90%). He also recognizes the quantity 10. I know because he says"ten". Other than that…no other proof. But I still think he will benefit from this process, so I just keep doing it.

My daughter, 3.5 yrs, has special needs and does not speak, but I have learned how to get her to communicate via Doman lectures. I have completed the dots program with her with very quick addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and multiple function equations (each lasting only 8 days) and she did pick up on it. Sometimes I know that she is not interested in doing problem solving sessions and if I present them when she is not interested, she chooses the wrong answer. Now I am teaching her numerals, I have not taught the symbols yet, but she has had some exposure to them. All I have to do is say “5 times 7 equals” and present her with two or three choices and she does point to the correct dot card. So far she has responded similarly with the numeral cards that she has learned. I think that if a child has a lower neurological age (developmentally delayed) they are open to the Doman method way past age three - but I was worried before I began. It is really amazing that the photographic memory enables her to understand the equation solutions. She loves math and is really excited to show me she knows the answer to equations. Math is suppose to be an area of struggle for individuals with Williams Syndrome - which is her diagnosis - and I wonder if she is the only one whose been exposed to this method so far. I can’t wait to see how these skills will carry on into her future educational endeavors.

Stargirl36 that is awesome. Best of luck with it, I hope that the Doman courses can help you help her through her spatial and maths and other problems she may encounter as she gets older - it certainly can’t hurt her. It must feel great to have that communication with her.

I was under the impression that while the dot recognition doesn’t last that the maths program itself does (those that move forward with it and continue with the numerals) - hence the children who go to the institute continuing to do high level maths throughout their lives.

Having said that - high level maths at a young age was never Doman’s original intention. The intention is to form the pathways and strengthen them for later learning.

Essentially it shouldn’t matter which program you use you will have provided your child the foundations for easier maths in the future and possibly even gifted maths in the future. So whether you do Jones Geniuses or Shichida or Doman the benefits will be there even if you don’t see them at first - it’s one of those times where a leap of faith is required.

Keep at it and remember that the “average” child ( if such a thing really exists) doesn’t even learn to rote count until age three and even then it’s only up to four, if your child know their numbers they’re well ahead of the game already.

Good luck stargirl. Tms, i am also under the same impression that they will retain the maths foundation but not the quantity perception.

My son is 2.4 years old. I have been showing him Shichida Math on LM. We have completed circle 1, and 2. but I don’t know for a fact if my son recognizes any
quantities. He counts 1-30 with skipping here and there. He does know number 0-10, and understand that 2 is more than 1, 4 is more than 3, and etc.