Happy Valley songs and stories for teaching toddlers literacy skills

I’m the mother of a twice exceptional boy, and I am a teacher/school owner at a English language school in Japan.

I have written a book designed to teach reading to Japanese 5-6 year old students. I think it would be a good fit for younger native English speakers. There are two audio CDs with a lot of songs and stories about cartoon characters who inhabit the world of Happy Valley. All songs and stories get great picture support in the book that is part of the package. Specific tasks teach sound and letter discrimination, phonological awareness and easy alphabet writing, plus blending and rapid reading of CVC words like pot, cat, fin, etc.

I wrote the 22 songs that encourage children to act out the stories with gestures. The experience is quite active. There are also downloadable cards for matching words and pictures at the www.HappyValleyTV.com website.

I am keen to get feedback from parents of native English speaking children who share this book with their children. My 2e son would have liked looking at the pictures and listening to the songs and stories when he was one or two. The content is strictly grammatically graded language with picture support, designed to teach language through showing it in multiple contexts, so the language is very accessible. There are also color-by-sound tasks, CVC reading puzzles and fluency chants that neuro-typical 3-4 year old kids would enjoy. The over-all theme of all the stories is friendship - how to be a good friend. The characters enjoy playing together.

You can order the book at ETJ Book Service at http://www.etjbookservice.com/