Hands on Math Activities

Hi!

I was wondering if our community here, believes in hands on activities for teaching math & language?

We are doing basic addition, subtraction,very basic multiplication, odd & even numbers, ordinal numbers, finger counting, tally marks, counting frames, Lego math…Almost a year ago, I had posted a video of my son counting up to hundred. We are following Montessori method, in addition to brillkids and Glenn Doman. And I’m a big fan of these methods. But I also love & believe in hands on work.

Here’s a video, where we are in one of our hands on Math activities on ordinal numbers that requires reading skills and following instructions.
https://youtu.be/pFxe5M5X804

As my son started reading, we read lots of books including Bob Books, Fun Tales, Peter & Jane, other phonics books & lots of storybooks. We learnt to spell with movable letters. We did lots of labeling activities with our flash cards. Now we are also learning to form sentences with word labels. Any more ideas?

I would like to know, what do the parents on this forum, choose for hands on activities in Math & Language development?

Thanks! I would love to learn from you:)