Guys!pls. help me how to teach my kid to write...

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: guys…please help me any advice how to teach my kid how to write… and even just…she shows interest on writing…thanks… :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Is your child 3 years 6 months old? I think it’s too early to push her to write. Better to stick to colouring at this age.

My best advice would be to let her color and draw all the time. She will get used to holding a writing instrument and learn how to control it. You can help her write letters or even use those worksheets that have traceable letters (she should know his letters before you do this). Here is some more info ( some of it is for older children):
http://www.kidsource.com/kidsource/content/learning_write.html

Here’s another article http://www.kidsource.com/kidsource/content/ENCOURAGING_WRITING.html

We’re trying to teach our boy, 2 yrs 9 mos, to write too. But I figure that this is mostly motor control–so I’m not sure it’s possible, or even that it matters, that you teach a little kid at that age.

We are doing a few things, though, just to get him ready. We’re working SLOWLY through the Kumon (publisher) book My First Book of Tracing. We’ve got a number of drawing books like this, but this has been the most useful to us (your mileage may vary).

We have taught our boy to write I, L, T, and O, but he doesn’t always remember how to do this, so we don’t push him. The way we’ve done this is via something like dot-to-dot. We say, “Draw a line from the 1 dot to the 2 dot.” He can draw straight enough lines that it’s possible to do dot-to-dot.

Hope this helps.

I would also start by encouraging her to draw - free style drawing more than colouring in even as it gives a chance to show what they can do and stimulates creativity more. (I am not totally anti colouring in, but make sure it is not the majority of the art they do)

Next get her to try to copy something you draw (at 18 months children should be able to copy a straight line and by about two years of age a circle) Don’t start with letters! If she’s not interested then leave it that day but come back to it every now and then and praise any attempt (if she draws a half circle instead of a full circle that is great - next time try to get her to draw 3/4 of a circle and so on)

Once you know she can copy something you could try to get her to copy the shapes to draw a picture (you may need a book for this to show you what shapes could make a picture - eg a cat if she likes cats, her toy train if thats what she likes)

Once she’s doing this you should be able to introduce the first letter of her name (I would sign every drawing she does with her name in print and then you could explain excitedly to her that she can write the first letter) Once she’s doing one letter the next few are pretty easy to teach.

(Anyway, thats just an idea… there are plenty of other ways to teach your child to write, but from what you say the most important part is keeping her interested)