GREETINGS FROM SOUTH AFRICA

Hi everyone. My name is Theresa and I have a 5 month old granddaughter who I absolutely adore babysitting. Many years ago my husband and I taught both our children how to read before they went to school. We made our own flash cards using cardboard and a stencil,which was a very time consuming process. However, the results were well worth it, as both our children are now university graduates and young successful professionals.

I was delighted to come across the “brillbaby” site while browsing the internet for educational programs for my granddaughter. Teaching her how to read will be a lot easier and definately a lot more fun.

I’m looking forward to meeting you all.

Hi Theresa! :biggrin: I know this may be a mite redundant after having PMed you, but welcome to the forums!

We are very happy to have dedicated grandparents such as you, and as said, teaching your children early really does help, and you have your wonderful children as living proof! And now for your little granddaughter, we’re very pleased to know that you are continuing the grand tradition in teaching that learning can be fun, and hopefully we’ll help you make it more so with Little Reader! :happy:

Cheers, and I look forward to reading about your teaching experiences in the forums!

Lappy

That’s wonderful that you taught your kids to read at a young age using flashcards. I like hearing success stories! And your grandaughter is very lucky to have such a devoted grandma! I hope she likes the program as much as my son does! Good luck, and welcome!

Your granddaughter is blessed to have such an active grandmother. Thanks for the post. It inspires me for my kids.

Welcome, Theresa! We’re very glad to have you here! We look forward to your sharing your extensive experience with us!

KL