Greetings from Portland, Oregon

I am the mother of 17 month old boy/girl twins living in the Portland metro area. I have been watching Signing Time on and off with my twins since they were 6 months old. I also checked out Dr. Titzler’s program but decided against it because I didn’t want my kids learning to sing off key. Since then I kept saying I was going to make some Power Point slides but never got the time. Thank you so much for your slide shows; they are a big hit with my kids. My girl started crying when the show was over.
I had a couple questions about the slide shows. Where can I find instructions on how to best present the slides? Since my kids enjoy watching them so much is it possible to show them too often or too many slides at a time? Also, is there a reason the slides take three minutes to advance on their own: is there an optimal amount of time to show each slide?
I am so happy to have found this community!

Dear Twinergy,

Welcome to BrillKids! It is nice to have you here and hope you enjoy the interactive forums.

I began with the YBCR and then discovered [i]How to Teach Your Baby to Read, 40th Anniversary Edition[i] by Mr. Glenn Doman, and these wonderful like-minded parents.

I would encourage you to try the YBCR because it is very educational and fun - Sarah & Salma love the DVDs, slider-cards, flashcards, and books - and will literally cry to watch the videos. I like them because they are also interactive and a different format than .ppt/Little Reader/flashcards. There is a trial of 30-days > http://www.yourbabycanread.com/ if you reconsider.

As for slideshows, there are different approaches, depending on if you are following the incremental reading steps of the Doman method, or Dr. Titzer’s multi-sensory method, or others. I would encourage you to use the software program Little Reader because it is easier than creating powerpoint and far more flexible, in my opinion:

http://www.brillkids.com/little-reader/basic/little-reader-homebasic-overview.php

It is an excellent investment if you want to use a flashcard based program that is both efficient and effective.

• Ayesha :slight_smile:

HI AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM. WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE. PLS FEEL FREE TO BROWSE THE FORUM AND SHARE YOUR IDEAS AND EXPERIENCE WITH US

HOPE TO HEAR MORE FROM YOU SOON

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Kimba15