Greetings from Martina from Czech republic (central Europe)

Hi everyone,
my name is Martina, I am a mummy of Lenka Jennifer, now 2.5 years old. She was born in Florida where I lived with my husband for 3 years (I won a green card). When she was 6 months old we came back to live in Czech republic where our families and friends are.
When I was pregnant I researched possibilities of stimulating and raring a baby. I found Glenn Doman’s book, I read most of them, I was thrilled. I read a lot about baby stimulation, about baby signing, right brain education. I search the internet to find out about that subject as much as possible. I still do it. I came across the Your Baby Can Read Program, Tweedle Wink and others… You Tube is also great source for finding out new information. I would love to learn and see all of that but it would cost a fortune to buy everything…
I started with the infant stimulation from my daughter’s birth (even in the womb - the prenatal stimulation), at her 3 months of the age I started to do math, reading and the picture flashcards. I tought sign language and I would definitelly recommend it to every mum or dad. It made everything so much easier and I felt like I was able to have a conversation with my daughter at very early age… :slight_smile: I started to teach her signing at her 7 month and she started to sign back to me one month later. It made everything so much easier because instead of whinning and crying she could actually tell me (with signs) what she wants. It even speeded up the potty training because she actually was able to show me that she wants to change, later on that she is peeing and later even that she wants to go to use the potty. I definitely recommend it to every parent.
When I came back to Czech republic it became so expensive to print all the flashcards for the right brain education so I tried to figure out the way to use the flascards on the screen of the computer to save the time and money. I created a big library of picture files, math dots, Czech words and found a way to show it to my daughter in pretty easy way using ACDSee program. The only issue was English pronounciation and since English is my second language I did not want to teach her English with my not native pronounciation. She listens song and watches English courses for kids on DVD but she sees all the flashcards in Czech language. That is why I was so excited to find the Little Reader because people are so kind to record their “native English” pronounciation which I can teach to my daughter. Thank you so much.
I am glad to be part of this community of parents and grandparents that care about their children and grandchildren so much.
Martina

Hi Martina,

Very glad to have you here!! What a wonderful picture of you and your daughter! So sweet! :wub:

I hope you will find someone to help you do voice recordings for your files soon, but in the meantime, why not produce a Czech set? We are looking for translations into all languages for all our stuff (esp with voice recordings), and I’m sure other contributors would also not mind your translating theirs too!

Anyway, welcome again, and hope to see you around often!

KL

Which files would you like done? (you have many)

Any. And one day maybe all? :smiley:
Thank you

I will see what I can do! So you want your numbers done too?

Great to see some collaboration here! That’s very kind of you, Nikki! 2 karma points! :slight_smile:
(btw, Martina, if you want to give someone karma, click on “Applaud” under that persons avatar/name on the left! :wink: )

Dear Nikki, I really appreciate your offer. It would be really nice of you if you could record numbers 1 to 100 in English and upload it under
File Downloads - Little Reader Library Files - Other usefull files.
I will add it to the category numbers immediately after you do it.
I think that everybody here will appreciate this kindness and help from you.
Thank you in advance. Martina

We already have pronunciations for numbers 1-20. I can record them again, but that’s where it gets confusing when people upload a new file. The file will have to be named differently than the files already uploaded.

Nikki, I think it would be nice if all of them would be recorded by the same person - it would sound better. We can name it with for example underscore after it or however else not to have conflict. Please let me know when can I expect them. Thank you again. Martina

It will be a while, maybe later on tonight. I have to wait until the house is quiet! :rolleyes:

So soon? It is perfect!!! Thanks.

ok, I recorded numbers 0-100, but I cannot upload them all b/c you can only upload one file at a time onto the downloads. I will not sit here and upload 101 files. And how am I to upload them anyways if I cannot import them into little reader? They are just sound files saved to my computer. I think the only way I am going to be able to do this is to add the sound files to the categories that have already beed uploaded and upload them again. Right? Or is there some other way?

Nikki, you can pack them (zip or rar them) into one file and upload only one file that special section. Do you know how to make one file from 101 files? Do you have any program that can do that to you? If you do the easiest way to do it is to put all files in block (using ctrl + A which means CTLR All) and then with right click of the mouse it gives you some option what you can do with the files. It should hopefully give you also option to pack it. Than it needs just one upload in that special section and than I can again unpack it and add it to the numbers files… Let me know how it goes. Martina

Nikki, what about the sound files? Have you tried to pack them so you could uplad them as one file? Please let me know. Thank you. Martina

Martina, I have uploaded pronunciations for 1-100 in other useful files. I uploaded it as a rar file; hopefully I did it right. It is pending approval, but if it was done right, it should be available to you soon. I will get to work on your other sets whenever I get time.

Hi Martina and Nikki!

Yes, the file is approved (checked and all working!) so you may download the files by going to the Useful files section now. Thanks!

Lappy

Nikki, I have already edited my files with your sounds. Thank you so much for your good work. Martina

you’re welcome!