Great ideas for sensory seeking kids

Here is a link to a blogpost with some really good ideas:

http://thinkingmomsrevolution.com/meeting-sensory-needs-on-a-budget/

Thanks for share! Thats a great resource, just what I need! :yes:

Thanks for sharing this link, looks great. I can’t afford to pay the extortionate fees our local baby sensory classes charge so this is a great way of getting some sensory activities for my daughter :slight_smile:

This kind of caring is just out of reach for the middle class family…

My son has SPD. Hyposensory.

Some of the best things we have for him aren’t anything special.
He has a balance bike that he rides in the house. He also has a trapeze hanging in a doorway. I can also hang a swing when I buy one.

He loves to wear his bike helmet, snow boots or a backpack for input. I can add things to the backpack for weight.

I also have a soft brush for brushing. But our fingernails lightly scratching proves the right amount of input. People like to do joint compression also.

If he needs any extra sensory we throw him in the tub with an assortment of things. Sometimes just flour or cornstarch. We might add water to make a paste or oobleck. Shaving cream or made up jello(jelly) is good in the tub too.

Oh and never underestimate the sensory power of playdough or cooked spaghetti.

Loved that link! This book came up as I was reading the link and associated links. Great reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Out---Sync-Child-Revised-Edition/dp/0399532714/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380225792&sr=8-1&keywords=the+out+of+sync+child+has+fun

I’ve read that book too - it is a good one :slight_smile:

As for these ideas being expensive, yes some of them are however we have a great thrift store around here & annual community rummage sales & I’ve been able to pick up some really great things that way for little cost. Even Kijiji or Craig’s list can be really economical ways to do these sorts of things.

Thank you for sharing the link! Just what I needed to read today!:slight_smile: