good violin teacher in hong kong

i am looking for a good violin teacher to teach my 16 months old toddler when she turns 2.
i guess i’ll need some time to search for violin teacher that is willing to teach a toddler.
also, where can i get good 1/32 size violin in hk… ?

looking to take up violin lessons myself , so she’ll see me practising before i give her , her first violin.
any advice greatly appreciated. thanks.

I got my daughter’s violin from Parson’s Music, not all of their branches have them, so you may want to check before you go. I am sure that Tom Lee will have them too. Let me know if you have problems finding one.

dear nanayaya,

thanks for your reply. i’ll check out parson.

btw, how old is your daughter and where did she learn violin?
my daughter is 16 months old now. i am thinking of taking up violin myself and play at home for the time being, so as to develop her interest…

thanks.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

My daughter is now 33 months and started when she was 28 months. Can’t say that she can play much but she definitely has loads of interest. I teach music (Music Together) myself so I am teaching her myself as I play the viola but started on the violin. I cannot find any good violin teachers for this age. Let me know if you do find any teachers for this age group.

I would highly recommend that you consider Suzuki - you as the parent would learn alongside your child.

http://www.suzukihk.org/

There are other threads here discussing Suzuki too.

thanks kl, i am looking into that as well.
nanayaya, i wrote to all the violin teachers and have their replies. are you interested? been meaning to chat with you.
i am going for my first violin lesson in half an hour’s time so… i hope i am still so motivated after the first 'chicken slaughtering ’ sound lesson

found 3 schools teaching suzuki violin, kinderU, parson . and etc
which one is good… anyone attended any of these?

My friend learnt violin from her dad when she was two. She won more than 50 prizes in music and singing competition. Let me know if you are keen. I’ll check her dad’s contact.

http://hk.apple.nextmedia.com/template/apple/art_main.php?iss_id=20100725&sec_id=4104&subsec_id=11867&art_id=14275301

yes, opera. i’d like to have the contact please.
when you say your friend started at two, is that precisely 24 months old or 2+ year old?

Hi! I am teaching violin to little kids and beginners as well as adults and professionals.I will give my info, so please send me a message. :slight_smile: