Good Videos on Instant Netflix

Hello guys,

What videos would you recommend for streaming on Netflix?

I’d say:

• All from Leapfrog

• Let’s go to school
    • Number Land
    • The Amazing Alphabet
    • Math adventure to the Moon
    • Numbers Ahoy
    • Phonics Farm
  • Color Crew

• Super Why

• Color Inspirations

• Dora, the Explorer

• Go, Diego Go

I’d like to hear your opinion.

Blues clues
Mighty Machines

Thank you Korrale4kq

I’ll try Blue Clues.

My son enjoys Might Machines but he really loves All about Airplanes

I am not a big fan of TV for little ones. And I am sadly dissapointed with many “educational” shows. I think they are filled with too much fluff and not enough substance. I wanted my son to not get sucked into the hyper sensory shows with lots of chatter and fantastical animation.
When he was 2 and some I started letting him watch mighty machines as his one show for the day. It was simple. Just like if I had taken him to a contraction site.
Now he is 3 my son does get more tv selections. But Mighty Machines is still a favourite. Sadly, there is not enough viewing time in the day.

Blues clues is one of the few things I do approve because it all about problem solving. Not so much about teaching ABCs and 123s. Although there are some episonde on there that do.

I was actually disappointed with the Diego and Dora shows. We had never seen them but we fell in love with them from reading the many, many books about them at our library. Diego was key for Peter when he made that transition into reading books and not just phrases. The early reader Diego books are great. They are to the point and my son was learning about animals and their habitats at the same time. When we finally did get to watch a show, my son was so excited and was jumping around the room, but I was disappointed. It took 30 minutes or whatever they are to learn what he could learn in 5 from the book. Lots of fluff, and lots of yelling!

When we visit grandma and grandpa, who have netflix, we watch The Dinosaur Train. I like it because they use a lot of big words, and my kids now understand and often say, “I have a hypothesis”. I have gone back and forth on whether or not we should get netflix. There are a lot of great documentaries there, which is what I would tap into most from an educational standpoint. National Geographic and History Channel type of stuff. But I’m afraid if we did get it, I’d get stuck watching all 7 seasons of Star Trek Voyager instead. I know myself too well.

I also think that Diego and Dora are more for fun than education. It’s also surelly not supposed to raise bilingual kids, but I think it can be a support for a foreign language to be learned later in life.

Tamsyn,
I have been dissapointed by the lack of good documentaries on Netflix. At least for my son. There are a lot they I myself have enjoyed, but with content I am just not ready for him to watch yet. Which is disappointing because I thought that some of the National Geogrpahic ones would be good.

We do Netflix as opposed to cable. The $7.99 is worth it for us. But I would not consider it worth it for James.