good teacher!!

What makes a great preschool teacher?

to me a good preschool teacher recognizes the needs of each individual child, and meets those needs. Someone who understand them and their wants, likes, dislikes, and abilities. Someone who never critises them for being them or from where they came from. I have worked in several preschools and it is said to say that i have run across some that i wish i hadn’t have. A teacher should never yell or scold a child in front of another child. I have seen where a child constently had a problem with urinating on him self the teacher would scold and yell at him in front of all his peers, remarking that she was tired of changing him. That boiled my blood. Come to find out the child had a kidney infection. So that to me isn’t a very good teacher. Of course this is all my opionions. A teacher should be able to modify the content for each child fitting their emotional, physical, spiritual, and metal needs.

the teacher have to belive that children can do everything he asks but not at the moment :slight_smile:
my son have an excellent teacher at daycare (he spents there 2 hours a day) and he is doing everything (like drawing, cooking) because he has a patient and brillant teacher :slight_smile:
before he would’t make this things at home at all
ed